Dear Dinosaurs

You mean to say I'm kind of a dick? satisfied.gif

No...not at all. I mean to say that you're part of the color that makes this forum so continually interesting.

(Well, maybe I did...just a little bit. But, if so, it was meant with love.)

• Like 2

You said it, not any of us!

BTW Dino's??? Come on! Before you marched (you did right?) many of us and others before us helped change drum corps to what it evolved to in the 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's and 2010's. They didn't realize it but it happened. No need to call us names but if it makes you feel good....go to Annapolis next weekend and yell "Hey Dino's to members of the Cabs, Bucs, Statesmen, etc. See what you get. I am sure it will be a verbal lesson that you would learn from. 40 years ago it may have been physical. Try it, you may learn something!

You mean to say I'm kind of a dick? satisfied.gif

• Like 3

Not sure I agree with the Chop Bop of Suncoast 88 .... I'm pretty sure that's how the tunes went man :P

But yes ... my era of DCI killed drum corps ... of the 70's and prior .... and I still haven't really seen or heard anything new until this year. Mic effects. Other than that .. you're right. Same as it ever was. They march, they play, the strive for perfection and 1 hornline this year played as loud as a G bugle line ... first time I've said that since 1999. Other than that .......... carry on.

Those complaining about props and costume changes seem to have a very selective memory and might want to check out SCV 87.

Those complaining about out there color guard uniforms and chop/bop music need to remember Suncoast Sound 88.

Those complaining about dancers out there need to check out Cadets 87.

Those complaining about no shako's or jackets need to watch Blue Devils 92.

Those complaining about singing need to go back and watch Cadets 84.

Those complaining about about mashing up tunes seem to have forgotten Cadets 89.

[/i]

And are those who are complaining about the complaining adding anything new to the dialogue?

• Like 5