Dear Dinosaurs

Glory, you told us you were done with this discussion!

Its like a politician might say.. " that was yesterday. But this is today "

Or.. " I was for the Bill, before I was against it "

• Like 1

This reminds me of a recent conversation. A young father, marveling at his baby daughter, asks his own father how, with a love so strong, it's ever possible to let a child go.

HH

Puberty and those ensuing teens years help a lot too – it’s a biological mechanism that makes pushing them out of the nest much easier

So why aren’t there more Elvis fans at Slayer shows?

it's all just rock and roll, right?

• Like 2

I think I know what you mean. Its like living by the ocean at low tide. They tell me that after awhile you sort of get use to the smell at low tide and don't really notice it.

No not at all. it's because I listen to what my kids have to say and opened my mind up to it. After a few viewings I started to understand some of the stuff and also try not to be so critical. I am far from acceptance but have gotten a lot farther with it. At least I am trying to accept things I can not change. (hmmm now that sounds familiar)

:laugh:

• Like 2

If it's a dry heat, no sweat!

he lives in Indiana. nothing dry there, especiallyin August as we have seen

Puberty and those ensuing teens years help a lot too – it's a biological mechanism that makes pushing them out of the nest much easier

So why aren't there more Elvis fans at Slayer shows?

it's all just rock and roll, right?

it's only rock and roll and I like it, like it, yes I do

Some other "purists" believe Drum Corps "died" when some Drum Corps replaced the woodwind ( fife ) with the brass bugle. So its all relative, really. For these folks ( more in numbers than we might think ) a " REAL " Drum Corps is a Fife and Drum Corps, not a Drum and Bugle Corps. There are more Fife and Drum Corps in existence today that Drum and Bugle Corps, so they might be right, who knows.

Some say just be patient with our form of Drum Corps, as it ( a woodwind ) might just eventually return to our form of Drum Corps we all love and cherish here too...at which point, should it occur, we will have come full circle with them in that respect anyway.

I've been making that argument for awhile. What one person considers "real" drum corps is what someone else considers a "travesty" due to the changes from their era. It's all in the eye of the beholder, and NO ONE has any special right to declare what drum corps 'really' is (short of the DCI board, I suppose).

• Like 1

I've been making that argument for awhile. What one person considers "real" drum corps is what someone else considers a "travesty" due to the changes from their era. It's all in the eye of the beholder, and NO ONE has any special right to declare what drum corps 'really' is (short of the DCI board, I suppose).

Correction. DCI is NOT drum corps. They have the right to dictate what corps can be a part of it.

• Like 1

Of course they can. DCI is NOT drum corps. DCI can dictate to those under its organization, but it is NOT the only organization that supports drum corps.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1