DCA CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK SCHEDULE

Click here to find all events and links listed below.

See you in Annapolis!

DCA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP DETAILS

Events

Most contests feature additional performances by non-competing units (alumni corps, etc). Check with the show sponsor for information.

DCA At The Dock

August 30, 2012 - 5:00 PM

Susan Campbell Park

1 Dock St

Annapolis, MD

Free performances at the City Dock by several corps and ensembles:

5:00 – Annapolis Drum & Bugle Corps

5:10 – Sacramento Freelancers Alumni

5:30 – Kidsgrove Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps

6:00 – Ghost Riders Mini Corps

6:30 – Minne-Brass Mini Corps

6:50 – Minnesota Brass Inc. Drum & Bugle Corps

2012 I&E / Mini Corps Competition

August 31, 2012 - 4:00 PM

Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium

550 Taylor Ave

Annapolis,MD

Free admission!

Download the schedule here. PDF Format

Can’t make it to Annapolis? Watch the mini corps competition LIVE on your computer on the DCA Fan Network!

2012 World Championship Preliminaries

September 1, 2012 - 2:00 PM

550 Taylor Ave

Annapolis,MD

Class A and Open Class Preliminaries.

Class A:

2:00 Excelsior

2:17 Shenandoah Sound

2:34 Cincinnati Tradition

2:51 Sunrisers

3:08 White Sabers

3:25 Windsor Regiment

3:42 Carolina Gold

3:59 Govenaires

Open Class:

4:41 Renegades

4:58 Bushwackers

5:15 Kilties

5:32 Atlanta CV

5:49 Fusion Core

6:06 Empire Statesmen

6:23 Kidsgrove Scouts

Break

7:05 Cadets2

7:22 Hurricanes

7:39 Minnesota Brass

7:56 Caballeros

8:13 Buccaneers

Call (855) 632-8090 for tickets (9-5 Eastern, Mon-Fri) or click here to order online

Can’t make it to Annapolis? Watch prelims LIVE on your computer on the DCA Fan Network!

2012 Alumni Spectacular

September 2, 2012 - 10:00 AM

550 Taylor Ave

Annapolis,MD

Performing Corps in order of appearance:

10:00 Lancers Alumni from Hanover

10:18 Freelancers Alumni

10:36 Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights

10:54 Toronto Optimists Alumni

11:12 Yankee Rebels Alumni

11:30 Mighty St. Joe’s Alumni

11:48 Preston Scout House Alumni Band

12:06 Reilly Raiders

12:24 Park City Pride

12:42 New York Skyliners Alumni

1:00 Bayonne Bridgemen Alumni

1:18 Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni

Call (855) 632-8090 for tickets (9-5 Eastern, Mon-Fri) or click here to order online

Can’t make it to Annapolis? Watch the Alumni Spectacular LIVE on your computer on the DCA Fan Network

2012 World Championship Finals

September 2, 2012 - 5:00 PM

550 Taylor Ave

Annapolis,MD

Class A and Open Class World Championship Finals

Okay. After reading the scheduled times for prelims and alumni, there's a difference of 1 minute in the time between corps. Seventeen minutes for the prelims, eighteen for the alumni. I know we alumni usually don't run 160bpm, but are we that slow that we need more time? (that's said in jest, folks! no need to get your panties in a bunch.)

More seriously, I hope that all the alumni corps are aware of the 18 minute rule and the full interpretation. It's a real downer for a corps to perform for audience approval only and be told "time's up, you have to get off the field" before they are finished with a show of reasonable length.

An afterthought: Who's gonna tell the USMC they are done? (Boy, I love stirring the pot!) :^)

Edited by G-horns
  • Like 1

More seriously, I hope that all the alumni corps are aware of the 18 minute rule and the full interpretation. It's a real downer for a corps to perform for audience approval only and be told "time's up, you have to get off the field" before they are finished with a show of reasonable length.

Hopefully, the alumni corps have designed and rehearsed to fit in that 18 minute window. If not, they deserve to get thrown off the field for lack of proper preparation.

And let's be honest, it's a rule that needs enforcement. Many alumni corps would play forever if allowed to. It's a real downer for the later corps to be screwed by an earlier corps that doesn't know when it's time to stop.

• Like 1

Hopefully, the alumni corps have designed and rehearsed to fit in that 18 minute window. If not, they deserve to get thrown off the field for lack of proper preparation.

And let's be honest, it's a rule that needs enforcement. Many alumni corps would play forever if allowed to. It's a real downer for the later corps to be screwed by an earlier corps that doesn't know when it's time to stop.

MANY alumni corps feel that the only reason that there are people in the stands is to see "their corps". Therefore many need a hook as in vaudeville days to get them off the field. I agree 18 minutes should be more than enough time to perform.:thumbup: More than 18 minutes :thumbdown: get the hook!!

• Like 1

I wholeheartedly agree that some of our alumni brothers and sisters go a little long. That's why I said "reasonable" length of show.