What if

What if...

wow.

Those battles of the bands do draw a crowd. There is a movie called "drumline" and it does not have a SCV or BDs drumline in it. DRUM BATTLES. that is what what DCI needs. Just like the movie. Throw down drum battles.

I agree Kevin

I guess this also stems from my enjoyment of olden day drum corps. Particularly the 80s. Which to me was the more exciting entertainment centered path that drum corps was going in and I'd wish to see more of, but suddenly we have what we have today.

• Like 1

..how did they get every accessory possible from the uniform company?

Edited by Kevin Powell

I agree Kevin

Sorry buddy... that was sarcasm. There are some great show bands but it does not fit the corps world.

Find one that is clean and I might change my mind.

What if drum corps could be more like something like this (with it's brass and percussion). I mean look at the enthusiasm. That's very exciting. I'm just saying. This is the kind of stuff that draws big crowds. BTW, listen to this through speakers. It's BETTER!!!

Afterall, a lot of the things in that clip derived from drum corps.

Just please make it stop! Why did I click on that link? :throwupen:

• Like 2

Didn't we learn anything from that re-creation we did of the Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson Super Bowl production?

Yeah, just one minor difference: Didn't Janet's come out the top of her shirt?

And, frankly...while you think we might be a little too old I think we still got it. The fact that I'm boney and you're "fluffy" would actually add to our G.E. score because of the contrast--kinda like Angels and Demons.

• Like 1

Yeah, just one minor difference: Didn't Janet's come out the top of her shirt?

And, frankly...while you think we might be a little too old I think we still got it. The fact that I'm boney and you're "fluffy" would actually add to our G.E. score because of the contrast--kinda like Angels and Demons.

wow... the belt buckle nip slip.

• 4 months later...

That got me out of my seat to dance! It is what it is and they throw down a great DANCE beat. Why are there so many snobs in the activity that think DCI should be the only marching activity that should ever grace a football field? Can you tap your foot to anything being played by corps today? I know that I can't. Maybe while the percussion is in the lot, but not during the shows.

Ok, I'm not a fan. BUT there is validity to the fact that they are popular and as the last poster said, aimed towards dancing. What about this? What about

as something to appreciate? A whole country does. And it's more complicated than you think. Or what about
? It sure isn't drum corps, and is "easier" but the coreography is very similar to what the drummers on the OP's video do.

Ever think that maybe there is cultural differences between the OP's video and Drum corps, and that different cultures appreciate different things?

Oh wait, there is a cultural difference.

Maybe we should respect others' culture. And not put it down and bash it. Just saying.

Now I'm going to go back to eating my gefilte fish and listening to my Klezmer music....... And if you want to say you don't like it it's fine. And by all means don't change your culture to like those things. But please don't publicly humiliate my culture. Although Gefilte fish...... :(