closing threads

bluehull

Anything worthwhile discussing on the site is being shut down. What is happening in this activity is bound to generate points of view. DCP is turning into "knitters weekly" Discussion will keep this site alive until realistic posting begins as the 2013 season nears. Are we going to have a board full of "best 14th place show" and six hundred predictions by the usual partisan posters ? Lighten up moderators !

• Like 1

Moved to member services center.

We close threads for a variety of reasons. Sometimes the original poster requests it in a private message, other times, it's because of unsubstantiated rumors. If you have any other questions about moderation, you may take it up with the community administrators (JohnZ, Bawker, JohnD).

We close threads for a variety of reasons. Sometimes the original poster requests it in a private message, other times, it's because of unsubstantiated rumors. If you have any other questions about moderation, you may take it up with the community administrators (JohnZ, Bawker, JohnD).

lol funny thing is those rumors have this tendancy to be true in least in the activity

• Like 1

Let me add for as many folks who believe we overmoderate, there is an equal number who believe just the opposite and think DCP is becoming a cesspool - can't please everyone, but all things considered in this instance I'll personally take 50/50.

the moderating team will continue to do their best to encourage meaningful, substantive discussion and debate, whether positive or negative - and we do err on the side of letting conversation go as long as possible before pulling the plug. But we will take action when necessary, especially when the discussion, any or all part, violate the community guidelines.

z

lol funny thing is those rumors have this tendancy to be true in least in the activity

less often that most believe, and we do follow up research in the background on 'rumors'.

And sometimes when we may be wrong (after all, some of us here in the back room are 'somewhat human'), threads have been reopened and discussion continues.

Hope this all helps - if not, please feel free to PM one of us for further discussion.

z

I hope that will never be the case, Stu.

We try to be fair and thoughtful. May not seem like it 'out here', and I freely admit to my misfires when they happen - and they do. But moderating on here is never done on a whim.

Again, pm if you all want to talk further, and thanks for at least asking the question.

Z

I hope that will never be the case, Stu.

We try to be fair and thoughtful. May not seem like it 'out here', and I freely admit to my misfires when they happen - and they do. But moderating on here is never done on a whim.

Again, pm if you all want to talk further, and thanks for at least asking the question.

Z

My point was actually in support for the Mods having the right to police the DCP threads in the manner in which they deem appropriate; and I get red negatives as well as a posting reply from a Mod stating: "I hope not"? If that is the case, I will take away my support for the Mods!