How many years

And know what was awesome? Because there were tickets still available MANY locals came out to championships because they had seen it advertised in local stores, on the tv and in the papers. And they still were able to get decent seats. Which means the activity did what it has beeen wishing for, for a very long time. Opened itself up to new fans.

So we are complaining, why>???? :blink:

I'm really thinking sometimes this internet that Al Gore invented is the WORST thing for any hobby.

Yeah yeah, everyone has opinion.......................problem is, some can't distinguish between opinion and fact.

There is NO inflection, people assume tone depending on their own mood.

Thin skin

Internet muscles

It's really all very exhausting......................

• Like 1

And know what was awesome? Because there were tickets still available MANY locals came out to championships because they had seen it advertised in local stores, on the tv and in the papers. And they still were able to get decent seats. Which means the activity did what it has beeen wishing for, for a very long time. Opened itself up to new fans.

I wasn't complaining,......... :blink:

when you say "many",............do you have a feel for what "many" means?,.........at $80.00 or so for a seat on the 50, I am not too sure "many" newbies came in at that price point,.......

""

Edited by wishbonecav
  • Like 3

""

Edited by wishbonecav

because it's the off season and the mini corps thread is dying down

:devil:

I haven't seen any educated guesses on crowd size for this year...........anyone?

5000 is a number I've seen floated on here a few times. Dunno how accurate

A friend of mine said the other day that he quit DCP because it was a bunch of self absorbed babies who think they are the only voice in the room and that dump on each other for the sake of dumping on each other. And most of them havent done a thing for drum corps except take what they can and complain about the rest.

I might have to take those remarks into consideration before i post again.

good news....i give lots, offer feedback to people ( sometimes wanted or not), and actually don't complain that much

:tongue:

The fact that this post, making a plea for those on DCP to be thoughtful and considerate of others feelings, got a slew of MINUSES before the ink was dry, lets me know about all i need to know about this conversation and the folks in it.

Yuck.

I teach my kids to be thoughtful and considerate. If that doesnt apply to drum corps, then there are plenty of other choices....like Women's Soccer, for example. :smile:

I didnt ask anyone to sing the praises of Rochester...but only to have a little thoughtfulness before they chime in; recognize that there are people in the equation whose feelings deserve a little more consideration. If that's a crime, count me guilty.

The post had a lot more in it than that. There was lots of whining about how Kyle can have his opinion but you cant have yours, etc etc. Well, the difference is that all Kyle gave us was his opinion. Annapolis was better than Rochester. I agree. As a performer, it was much more exhilarating to be in a Div 1 college football stadium than a 3rd tier soccer stadium. Yeah he threw in a joke about Paetec's name changes, but who here would honestly argue that the number of times it's changed its name is anything less than inordinate? However, when you gave your opinion, you resorted to personal attacks, and page-long rants, and YELLING AT PEOPLE WITH ALL CAPS. Not very thoughtful or considerate if you ask me. It's not your opinion we're taking offense to, it's how you are presenting it. That's why I gave it a negative.

Oh, and for the record, Thank You to all the people who worked so hard in Rochester for 6 years, I had an awesome time every year I went out (all but 2010). Also, Thank You to everyone in Annapolis who made this year so great, and best of luck in the year(s?) to come!

Edited by Spandy
  • Like 3