You Make The Call

I'd settle for Madison Scouts being clean enough to make Top 6 :ph34r:

This.

Also, I don't want to hear a bunch of rehashed tunes they've already played better in previous years. They've done enough of that over the years.

I want something fresh and new from Madison.

Edited by contrajedi8
  • Like 5

Jazz version of Mary Poppins!

I'm surprised nobody has done that yet. I thought BD was going

to do it back in 1994, but someone lied to me. :thumbdown:

This.

Also, I don't want to hear a bunch of rehashed tunes they've already played better in previous years. They've done enough of that over the years.

I want something fresh and new from Madison.

I second this comment. I would like to see the scouts play an original piece of music. It sure worked for us in 88' with the opener.

Captain 88 just had his 88th post!

Thanks for noticing Matt. Hope you are doing well.

• 3 weeks later...

I never get tired of vintage Madison and no corps is better than Madison at knowing when to use old favorites. However, with "Reframed" only a distant memory, it may be too soon to go completely back in time. But if asked, I would love to see some of 1999's "Jesus Christ, Superstar" with some of what I consider one of their all time classic but sometimes forgotten and underrated shows, 1977's "New York, New York" and "West Side Story" with another forgotten great moment from the past "Bohemian Rhapsody" with a closing of "You'll Never Walk Alone" that gives the kind of goose-bumps only Madison can produce. Of course "Maleguena" has to be in there somewhere and everyone seems to love Madison's ESOM which is one of those tunes I can't say I loved in the original version (no offense to Ms. Keyes many admirers) but I loved Madison's rendition, we can add that too.