What if......

azul

How about a new rule proposal....a rule that would forbid any Corps from doing anything that has been done before, including

not just musical selections, but also drill moves! That way, everything would be fresh and new EVERY year!!!

• Like 2

Hmm. No company fronts, no box rotation, no box compression or expansions. Isn't everything a direct repeat or variation on what has been done before? That to me is what pushes the creativity- how to do something a little differently or better than before. Now if you manage something entirely new, all the better.

• Like 2

Well they could do a tribute show at the county fair. thumbup.gif

Yes. It'd be a good fit in between Kansas and Peaches & Herb's sets.

Edited by mobrien

How about a new rule proposal....a rule that would forbid any Corps from doing anything that has been done before, including

not just musical selections, but also drill moves! That way, everything would be fresh and new EVERY year!!!

Now we're talkin'!!

:cool:

I also propose that F# and Cb should no longer be used, as it's been done before and by the best.

:devil:

Chuck

• Like 3

Sweet: so DCI should then drop brass and go w/all woodwinds & string instruments. THAT has never been done before... :devil:

• Like 1

Hmm. No company fronts, no box rotation, no box compression or expansions. Isn't everything a direct repeat or variation on what has been done before? That to me is what pushes the creativity- how to do something a little differently or better than before. Now if you manage something entirely new, all the better.

Yeah, since all drill moves are based on either a straight line, a box, or a curve, there is no other way to really do things.

How about a new rule proposal....a rule that would forbid any Corps from doing anything that has been done before, includingnot just musical selections, but also drill moves! That way, everything would be fresh and new EVERY year!!!

Now we're talkin'!! :cool: I also propose that F# and Cb should no longer be used, as it's been done before and by the best. :devil: Chuck

Moving and playing instruments has in fact, been done before, and let's face it, is pretty old-school. DCI should just ban motion and music, (both simultaneously and independently) and call it a day...

Edited by troon8
  • Like 1

Moving and playing instruments has in fact, been done before, and let's face it, is pretty old-school. DCI should just ban motion and music, (both simultaneously and independently) and call it a day...

Better yet, we should ban DCI/drum corps completely and search out something new.

Lets start extreme mime dancing or something! :thumbup:

I think that sounds like a good idea. Especially for what happened in 93 where many people were angered that Star of Indiana didn't win

I was at the Championships in '93 and I talked with more people that thought even Phantom Regiment should have finished ahead of 93 Star. Were you at the Championships ? There was no ( for example ) booing that the Cadets won, nor did I sense much anger at all that Star did not win. While Star won the Quarters, the Cadets then pulled away in both the Semi's and the Finals. Quite of few fans didn't care for their show at all as a matter of fact. So I'm a bit confused by this comment on Stars placement in 93 with the fans reaction. Star finished 2nd in back to back competitions with 2 different sets of DCI judges and I didn't sense much anger by the fans at all to it. If the Cadets were going to do a recreation of another show from another decade, I 'd much prefer to have them ressurect one of their own winning shows, rather than a 2nd place show from some other Corps. I liked the DCI winning 93 Cadets show better than the '93 Star show, so if they were to do a recreation, it would be better to do that Cadets show if it came to that.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1