Warm up and/or Encore Songs

I wish there was a new rule in DCI...

Before every show, while the corps enters the field and is setting up, each corps is REQUIRED to do a warm up facing the audience. This warm up will no longer be a "pre-show" or part of the show theme for that season, but rather, a chance for the corps to warm up and engage the audience while playing their "signature song."

This warm up MUST involve playing a tune that is significant to the corps, their history, or their IDENTITY.

The corps members will hype.

The alumni will cry.

And the audiences will go nuts.

Just a suggestion. :smile:

• Like 3

I wish there was a new rule in DCI...

Before every show, while the corps enters the field and is setting up, each corps is REQUIRED to do a warm up facing the audience. This warm up will no longer be a "pre-show" or part of the show theme for that season, but rather, a chance for the corps to warm up and engage the audience while playing their "signature song."

We tried this at several shows in 2001.

As the guard was setting up, the horns made an arc in the front of the field and played Rocky Point at full volume. It was cool, but it took the crowd out of the show a little bit because nothing in the show itself actually approached the volume of Rocky Point from 20 yards.

I also recall hearing PR play the "National Emblem" march, maybe sometime back in the 80's or early 90's. Perhaps a bit of a nod to long time drum instructor Marty Hurley's days with the Blessed Sac Golden Knights?

regards,

Fred O.

P.S. How did they move without marking time? :huh:

It's still their parade tune! If you're interested, I know it's on the 2008 SInnissippi Park recording.