Dear DCA Admin Team

I have not read all of the stuff here yet, but I saw a lot of complaints on Facebook and in the stands about the whole weather thing Saturday.

And to them I say "shut the #### up".

You did an awesome job handling a very fluid and moving situation, and best of all, no one corps wise flipped out or was severely affected. Yes, it would have been nice to hear stuff under the stands, but so what?

Thank you for finishing the show, making it fun for those that stayed, and best of all, ignoring the ######## who tried to arm chair quarterback the situation

Again, wish there were a "like" button here...very well said jeff...There are quite a few things DCA admin can control, weather is not one of them, but safety definitely is, and they controlled that really well! (IMO)

• Like 1

Again, wish there were a "like" button here...very well said jeff...There are quite a few things DCA admin can control, weather is not one of them, but safety definitely is, and they controlled that really well! (IMO)

Completely agree.

The same folks who are complaining about how DCA handled the weather situation... how would those people feel if someone they knew had been struck by lightning?

The people who run the stadium have specific guidelines for dealing with weather problems, for any event held there. I've worked band shows there... been to football games there... and the same guidelines apply. End of story. In this case, rules are rules, and they are there for a very good reason.

• Like 2

Just before Open Class went on for Prelims we left because the heat was getting to us. Temp according to the car (on blacktop) was 94 or 97 (forget which).

On the way to the hotel (25 mile) drive we realized how bad the cloud cover was getting and temp was dropping quickly.

Within 3 hours or so the heavens were opening up..... later we heard from people coming from PA who saw lightning coming down.

What the Hell was DCA supposed to do in this situation....

I can see DCW headline "Fans Killed at DCA, Lawsuits will Kill DCA".

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

I saw lots of facebook folks expressing frustration about the rain situation. Myself included. I have yet to see a single case of someone placing the blame on DCA. We all get frustrated over weather related stuff that no one can control. That's what makes us all human. PS.Who blamed this on DCA Admin anyway? Just currious.

Check with those who attended NASCAR at Pocono Raceway a few weeks ago. One fan dead . . . lightning. Some battles aren't worth fighting.

Absolutely agree......

We have the technology, let's use it !

This was a perfect example of technology and cooperation... Here's the facts:

The stadium has a state of the art lightning detector that goes off whenever lightning strikes within 8 miles of the stadium.

DCA contractually was required to empty the stands when the detector went off.

The stands could not be refilled until one half hour after no strikes within the 8 mile limit.

Since Annapolis has a 10PM noise curfew, DCA was prepared to run the last 3 corps at 9AM Sunday morning as a "prelude" to the Alumni show.

The Mayor of Annapolis, waved the curfew - the show went on after lightning moved out of the area.

Wonderful handling of a very bad weather situation.

Anyone questioning how this was handled needs to talk to pro golfer Lee Trevino about lightning...

Now, how about the good news? It was almost inconceivable that finals went off completely dry with rain both the north and south of the stadium... I asked Allen Buell to let me know what God he prayed to - it was a very powerful God...

What a great weekend - Thank you Kidsgrove Scouts!

• Like 4

Now, how about the good news? It was almost inconceivable that finals went off completely dry with rain both the north and south of the stadium... I asked Allen Buell to let me know what God he prayed to - it was a very powerful God...

And spritzing (I'm PA German folks) rain between Annapolis and BWI while Retreat was going on. (We left after Buccs left the field.)

Yes, thank you to all DCA admins! I was glad to have performed on Saturday night, and the stands where a lot more full thank in 2006 Prelims!