Prelims Review

Thanks for all of your great commentary all year. The Core was happy to entertain the crowd in its first year in Open.

Thanks, Brother Dave!

I did forget to metion that KK-Psi was well represented on and off the field. Fifty lashes with a wet noodle for me! :thumbup:

I know that not long ago, if you'd show someone Fusion and tell people that was 9th place, some eyes would have popped in disbelief. That's how strong DCA is now.

I'm happy Fusion Core took the risk, made the leap of faith, and landed with your feet on rock hard ground. I've dropped the hint to some young folks out there looking to march to check you guys out as well as several other units. I hope they do enqire.

Quite welcome, Frank!

Now-- 1992 was when I saw something better- I think his name is Mike DiMeo(?) who was the soprano feature guy for the Brigs as well as one of the horn staff at the Syracuse DCA show. Mike's night was as perfect as he could have hoped for. It was mind blowing. I would think Tom Peashey knows who I mean, I think he may have been with Brigs for that season only. The Brigs had another fellow who won soprano I and E that year, IIRC who was an incredible technician on the instrument who beat Roger Grupp- not by much-- and a fellow who had strong roots in the Sunrisers but was then with Sky who was also excellent (maybe Dave D!?!?).

That was indeed Mike DeMeo in 1992. He helped bring the Brigs back after 21 years...

(He was also a "guest soloist" in Empire's Finals performance this year.)

His roots go back at least as far as the mid-60s Magnificent Yankees from Utica, NY...

Hey Dick...for me, just to me mentioned with ROGER is an honor! In the immortal words of Fran Haring..."Are you freaking kidding me!!"

Yes...I started in 82 Sun as a 4th soprano along with 2 others in an soprano line of 18 members. I remember marching with Fran...looked up to him on many levels, as well as many others in the corps. I aspired to be one of those monster soloists the corps had (John Arientano, Matty Balls, Dave D'Andrea, and so many others). For me, they WERE the Sunrisers! I still hope that I can accomplish that before I retire for good!

Thank you for the kind words, Frank... much appreciated!

You are quite an inspiration, to a lot of us. My horn-playing days are long gone... and you're still out there getting it done. :thumbup:

GREAT review, W!!!!! :worthy:

Of course Frank looked up to Fran, he's about 6 foot 5. *rim shot*

Thanks, I'm here all week. Tip your waitresses and try the veal.

That was indeed Mike DeMeo in 1992. He helped bring the Brigs back after 21 years...

(He was also a "guest soloist" in Empire's Finals performance this year.)

His roots go back at least as far as the mid-60s Magnificent Yankees from Utica, NY...

I thought that was him but wasn't sure

Excellent review my brother. It was a pleasure to finally meet you!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the great reviews. And I certainly remember videos of Mike DeMeo. Hell of a player!

I keep telling Ponzo, and I mean it -- I wish I had his sound!