Troopers 2013

We'll wait and see, but I have the expectation that there will be continued quality in the horn program - and hopefully things will take off from there. I'm also very happy to see a couple of familiar names from 2012. (Michael Terry and Andy Grindle)

I'm on pins and needles about the perc staff - hope to see a post about that very, VERY soon!

I know a few of the additions to the Brass staff-Brad Parks and Bo Sodders- both are phenomenal instructors that have worked well together... I'm excited!

I've heard rumors about some of the percussion staff, I hope what I've heard is true.

Very impressive!

Finally a concert ensemble composer taking on the drum corps idiom head on.

While there might be a learning curve, I can see this going great places.

With all respect, Mr. Smith has been writing for drum corps for longer than I've been alive - he's a superb craftsman who is long past the "learning curve" phase, as his work with the Suncoast Sound, Magic of Orlando, the Glassmen, and more recently the Madison Scouts shows.

• Like 3

Can we skip the winter and spring and go straight into summer? :tongue:

Can I march- just once more time with the Troopers?

:-) I'll only be 39 this summer!

Hmmmm.. maybe I can work something out with Acheson. There are so many memories from my days with the Troopers!

HLD!

Dave --

Edited by David Hobart
  • Like 1

Robert W. Smith, Paul Rennick.... this is getting fun! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 1