Troopers 2013

I'm really hoping for some kind of a push. It seems like their scores have flatlined.

As long as it's not you doing that, Granny.

I'm really hoping for some kind of a push. It seems like their scores have flatlined.

It seems to me this year that this happens every week, their scores improve a little bit, kinda around the same spot, then they hit a regional and boom, they jump up in score and sometimes placement. Who knows, we'll see in Allentown!

It's hard to improve your score mid-week when you placed 18th last year. If we went on AFTER Academy at non-Regional shows, scores would be better.

Performance Order Matters.

(Not that I think we stand a chance of making Finals right now without one hell of a Power-Up in the next seven days, but climbing out of the hole we dug last year is the most important thing. We'll see what the show looks like tomorrow.)

Last night, I saw the show for the first time (live or video), but from the third row of seats in a stadium with no track, and just off the 50 to the left, so that much of my view on the right side of the field was obscured by the drum major. Also, as I mentioned in the Erie show thread, for me thus seated, Troop's pit was very loud--frequently bigger than the brass--and this plus the inability to see much of the drill forms made the show much less effective than it seemed to be for people higher up.

Mind you, Blue Stars (whom I had seen before) didn't seem any better, except for having more restraint in the pit, so I'm not sure the Troopers can't catch them, current scores notwithstanding.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps

Edited by N.E. Brigand

It seems that when the Troopers are facing their main competition their scores are higher than when they are not really facing any kind of chance to lose! They beat Crossmen and Colts in one show and the next day, while Crossmen and Colts go up, the Troopers drop. I really believe that they are a little better than Crossmen and about 1-2 points better than Colts. I just don't want the corps to settle for 13th when they should go higher!

Does anyone else hear some musical similarities between John Barry's "John Dunbar" theme from Dances with Wolves (Troopers' ballad) and Lee Holdridge's theme from East of Eden with which Phantom Regiment opened their 2011 show, "Juliet"?

Also, what is the music in Troopers' show that comes just after "John Dunbar"--I mean the tune in the low brass after the short drum/mallet break? It is reminiscent of the main theme from the 1992 movie of The Last of the Mohicans (by Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman).

Does anyone else hear some musical similarities between John Barry's "John Dunbar" theme from Dances with Wolves (Troopers' ballad) and Lee Holdridge's theme from East of Eden with which Phantom Regiment opened their 2011 show, "Juliet"?

Also, what is the music in Troopers' show that comes just after "John Dunbar"--I mean the tune in the low brass after the short drum/mallet break? It is reminiscent of the main theme from the 1992 movie of The Last of the Mohicans (by Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman).

I read somewhere that it was an original composition by Smith and Rennick entitled Tribal.

Just watched Allentown. All I can say is Wow!!!! I am so glad that the crowd showed you the love that I couldn't since I wasn't there but it didn't prevent me from clapping.

Good Luck in Indy!

Edited by mizportis
  • Like 1

Troopers..... The members of the 79 corps are all pulling for you and believe in Trooper greatness! Do not let a few "doubters" pull you down, just do your best and play the hell out of this show! You have the horses and you just need to get them stampeding in the right direction!

• Like 1

The winner of the 2013 DCI World Championship has already been decided and it is without a doubt the Troopers. They may not even get to perform on Saturday night, but what they have brought back to DCI with this years show has won over so many new fans as well as helped keep some old timers around that in my book they are the real champions no matter what placement they get. Congratulations to the members and staff of the Troopers for a job well done!

Edited by bluesman
  • Like 5