Most Underrated Hornline

I don't think Madisons' hornline gets enough love. With the exception of a few years, and even those weren't bad, they always have a good hornline.

• Like 2

With all due respect to the Jim Ott award winning Carolina Crown for 2012, the cleanest horn line of them all was the Blue Devils. However, most underrated of the big boys goes to the Bluecoats. The Bluecoats proved, once again, that their hornline has been among the most consistent, impactful, darkest, cleanest, and bad#ss sounding hornlines of recent years.

Staying with the "Blue's", how about the Blue Stars? The Blue Stars were among the loudest hornlines last year (the loudest award goes to Crown in 2012). I enjoyed their book. I still think the Blue Stars deserved to be in finals, but, why digress any further!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 8

Whoever finished last.

--Okay, I admit it. That was a stupid response to a serious question, but I've got to start posting quippy little replies if I'm ever going to get to 1,000 posts

Granny, you're the best!!

I felt it clear each time I heard them that Bluecoats were well taught and performed consistently all summer.

I equally felt Spirit's horn line to be well taught. They had a great, unique sound and played as much meat as any world class line.