This notice is being presented to Alumni and friends of the

Bushwackers Drum and Bugle Corps as to the current financial status

of the drum corps. The Bushwackers administration wants to make

sure that the correct facts are made available to the public as well as

how people can help the drum corps.

A creditor has filed a lawsuit and received a judgment against the

corps and has levied against the bank account. We are in jeopardy

of losing our equipment if we don't raise the balance of the debt of

approximately $12,000 in the next 10-14 days.

We cannot let the court seize the equipment and sell it off at

auction prices. We desperately need your help to avoid this

catastrophic event.

If anyone out there can assist in helping us through this crisis,

we would forever be thankful. Please find your way to making a

donation of $50, $100, or if possible even more. If you can even make

a $10 or $20 donation, you will be helping to proactively save a corps.

These donations will go to paying off the debt directly.

Donations can be made by sending a check made payable to the

Bushwackers to the following address: Bushwackers, 61 Bertrand Dr.,

Princeton, NJ 08540.

As an alternative, feel free to send your donation through PayPal.

http://bushwackers.org/make-a-donation/

Since the corps is a not-for-profit entity in New Jersey, this donation

is tax deductible. (Also, see if your employer has a matching funds

program so you could double your donation). Please understand that

the money is desperately needed and needed fast.

On behalf of the entire Bushwackers organization, we thank you.

Bob Gupta, President and Director

John Hannigan, Chairman of the Board

• Like 3

I hope the DCP moderators will allow this post here. Although the Bushwackers are not a DCI corps, they are still a drum corps, and in a situation like this, the financial world makes no differentiation between divisions.

How many stories have we read after a drum corps went down and said to ourselves - "If I knew about this earlier, I could have helped"? Well here is your chance to be part of the solution and save this corps before it's too late!!

*** Please help with whatever you can - no amount is too small ***

• Like 3

The cost of DCA championships is paid directly by the members and separate from the normal tuition - ie. hotel, bus, and food costs. This is how it is for most DCA corps and is different than the DCI model. By not going to DCA champs, the corps would be in exactly the same financial position it is in now.

This situation was caused by the creditor demanding the entire balance be paid back now rather than working towards a payment plan over time that would fit with what the corps could afford.

Edited by bobg
  • Like 2

By not going to DCA champs, the corps would be in exactly the same financial position it is in now.

So it was... mismanagement.

This situation was caused by the creditor demanding the entire balance be paid back now rather than working towards a payment plan over time that would fit with what the corps could afford.

Hmmmm.... Which is it: a) The creditor breached a pre-existing contracted payment schedule (the creditor is at fault); b) The corps breached a pre-existing contracted payment schedule and wants the creditor to renegotiate the payment schedule (the corps is at fault); or c) There was no contracted payment schedule (which means that both are at fault but the creditor can still demand the entire payment). Moreover, unless loans are taken out through shady means like crime syndicates, situations like this are absolutely not caused by a creditor. A creditor has no obligation whatsoever, in any way, shape, or form, to have any 'love' for drum corps and figure out a payment plan which would fit into the corps' time frame. Please correct me if I am in error, but apparently this situation was 'caused' by the corps having no secured projected revenue to pay back the loan in the first place.

• Like 8

Fine Stu... no Drum Corps will do a ####### thing until they are totally sure that they will never, ever... ever have a problem under any and all circumstances that might arise. Guess how many corps (or any other businesses for that matter) would be left. If you want to make this about you, start another thread.

For the record have heard of creditors asking/demanding full or more payment than originally requested. Usually because the creditor gets in a bind and needs to throw others under the bus to try to survive. Fighting something like that can be more expensive than paying.

removing personal info... had more sleep... .

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 4

It seems when some corps send a plea for funds its okay. Phantom comes readily to mind but when others do it they are portrayed as the worst money managers ever. A lot of for profit companies are in the same boat. Many times a creditor takes this route because THEY are in the same boat or trying to stay out of said crowded boat. If I had the funds I would send something. But the only thing I can offer is my prayers for a good outcome.

• Like 3

Fine Stu... no Drum Corps will do a ####### thing until they are totally sure that they will never, ever... ever have a problem under any and all circumstances that might arise.

And the problem with holding corps accountable in poor business practices is.....? This apparently is not a situation of what you called, "under any circumstances" such as a catastrophe from unknown acts of nature in which insurance will not cover (which I stated from the onset if that was the case I would be more than happy to help out); but this is apparently once again shear mismanagement, just like the thousands of other mismanaged corps, in which this corps should be held accountable. I am tired of the people in the world of drum corps having these issues because they are ran by "Love, oh sweet Love" and not by financial accountability standards.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 4

It seems when some corps send a plea for funds its okay. Phantom comes readily to mind but when others do it they are portrayed as the worst money managers ever. A lot of for profit companies are in the same boat. Many times a creditor takes this route because THEY are in the same boat or trying to stay out of said crowded boat. If I had the funds I would send something. But the only thing I can offer is my prayers for a good outcome.

I blasted Regiment when they were looking at failing to pay creditors; so I am consistent in this matter.

• Like 5

Again, show me where this was a situation beyond the accountability control of the corps, and it was an ogre creditor demanding an unreasonable collection based on the creditors poor business practices, and I will retract all, every word, of what I have previously posted.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 4