The Bushwackers need your assistance

Feelings of duty to one side can sometimes supercede the feeling of responsibility to the other.

65 people staring at you from 5 feet away versus answering one guy's phone call. Gut wrenching because either choice sucks.

Gut wrenching is why a director must stand up for the correct decision; gut wrenching is why being a director is not about winning friends; gut wrenching is why a true leader is occasionally a very lonely person; even if 65 people five feet away from you become very angry.

Edited by Stu

As a former DCA marching member, I do not understand what people mean by the corps doesn't pay for DCA weekend.

Sure the members pay for their own hotels, but there are still many other upfront costs to the corps in addition to hotels. I also believe any prize or contest money is not paid until after the weekend is complete. So to say it doesn't cost the corps money and/or they receive money that they can allocate other places is not accurate.

Edited by Kay
  • Like 2

Why did I push this? I have nothing against the Bushwhackers or any person involved in the situation. I pushed this because if we do not view this activity as a business instead of a musical fa la la, right now, whether it is DCI or DCA, then more and more and more corps are going to fold; and the activity will cease to exist while all who tried to do this with 'love' will still be asking why oh why...

• Like 6

We don’t think a proper debate can occur on a public forum such as this, and therefore will respectfully not affirm or deny any allegations made by the creditor or others on DCP. That is for the lawyers and courts, or at least a discussion elsewhere.

The point of this thread is that a 30-year old corps needs help and is asking the public for the first time in its history. Many have already stepped in and offered what they could, and we are hoping that others follow suit.

What we ask is that this thread stay on course with its original intent of asking people for donations. The more people donate, the more it helps save the corps, and the quicker it gets the creditor paid.

• Like 4

10. Payments ceased after a 1/2 payment in Sept 2011.

That sort of says it all.

And while y'all are piling on Stu, maybe ask yourself what's the cost of sustaining bad financial management? Any donations offered here - well-intended though they may be - at best just preserve the status quo. That money won't resurrect Teal Sound or any other corps. It won't pay for a new corps or even new equipment.

I feel guilty singling out this corps because it's likely no more guilty than many before it. Still, I wonder what's the best use for cash if it's drum corps, not one corps, we're trying to save.

HH

Edited by glory
  • Like 4

Stu, you ok? Why are you making this into something it is not? Why do you and some others READ INTO a post and change the entire post? Bushwhackers have been around for a long time and have been DCA champs a few times. DCA has already lost a few corps and we don't need to lose any more corps. Save your comments for another thread!

• Like 2

Could you kindly define the parameters, amounts, actual deadlines and progress?

The original post is a plea, but its vague and is hard to reconcile with Dave's post.

Unless, of course, Dave is a persona that interjected himself into the conversation while making up a pretty compelling story.

Given that there were no denials of fact, its VERY HARD to absorb a de facto plea without being able to ask for and receive clarification.

I'd ask my daughter for more information on a $100 loan and expect to receive it.

We don’t think a proper debate can occur on a public forum such as this, and therefore will respectfully not affirm or deny any allegations made by the creditor or others on DCP. That is for the lawyers and courts, or at least a discussion elsewhere.

The point of this thread is that a 30-year old corps needs help and is asking the public for the first time in its history. Many have already stepped in and offered what they could, and we are hoping that others follow suit.

What we ask is that this thread stay on course with its original intent of asking people for donations. The more people donate, the more it helps save the corps, and the quicker it gets the creditor paid.

• Like 1

And its "Bushwackers.."

• Like 1

Stu, you ok? Why are you making this into something it is not? Why do you and some others READ INTO a post and change the entire post? Bushwhackers have been around for a long time and have been DCA champs a few times. DCA has already lost a few corps and we don't need to lose any more corps. Save your comments for another thread!

Read my post #63; You want to know why corps fold this is why. You want to know why corps and DCI and DCA are hard pressed to find corporate sponsorship money this is why. This is about where donations/investments, whether $5 or $5 million, should go; plain and simple. If we do not wake up in the drum corps community, and we continue to blindly prop up organizations out of 'love' for the fa la la musical aspects instead of supporting those which run in the black as a solid business, then the drum corps activity deserves to financial implode.

• Like 1

So, in your mind....let the corps die like all the others correct? Rochester Crusaders have been gone for a few...they ain't coming back. Will Brigs ever make it back? Grenadiers? We could go on and on. But maybe there is a chance to save a corps. You won't so you have made your point! You took over the post and now let Bushwackers (spelled it right Joey LOL)do what they have to do.

Read my post #63; You want to know why corps fold this is why. You want to know why corps and DCI and DCA are hard pressed to find corporate sponsorship money this is why. This is about where donations/investments, whether $5 or $5 million, should go; plain and simple. If we do not wake up in the drum corps community, and we continue to blindly prop up organizations out of 'love' for the fa la la musical aspects instead of supporting those which run in the black as a solid business, then the drum corps activity deserves to financial implode.

• Like 2