The Bushwackers need your assistance

I don't fault current admin. i fault previous admin and a creditor not willing to work with them. Plus to be honest, there is some personal issues involved with the creditor if the many stories are true.

Yup.:o)

Ok; after reading postings by Jay Morlot and David Kapp: a) the corps ran smoothly and all finances were managed well for close to 25 years by Jay Morlot who retired on May 1, 2011; this included keeping the payments to David for a 2009 loan up to date. b) Payments on the loan to David then ceased after a 1/2 payment in Sept 2011 and they never resumed which lead to legal action. c) Within 5 months after the retirement of Jay the corps was placed in a situation in which Jay kept it out of for close to 25 years. Conclusion: Unless there was a huge catastrophe within those 5 months which rippled all the way to today, which I am still open to reading about, the corps was therefore mismanaged after May 1, 2012 until the present where they pleaded for money.

• Like 2

Then I shouldn't drive my car while it is still being financed by the bank, by your logic.

Well... most of the time a financing company will require you to carry insurance to cover it in case of loss.

Also, if you quit paying, the bank is going to come and take your car.

• Like 1

many people in DCA and corps pay tribute to DCI thank you. helps to actually know the facts before you make statements like that

Facts? What facts? Pages upon pages on DCP ripping DCI and corps like BD?

Yeah, makes me want to support the Bushwackers or other DCA corps.

It's the attitudes of many drum corps alumni, which has led me to not participate in senior corps since I age out over 10 years ago, and will continue to make me want to stay out of that level.

• Like 1

Did you mean September 2012?

He meant September of this year. No court is going to move that quickly on a case like this. And Mr. Kapp has mentioned that it was carried for over a year since the proceedings started.

Its not just DCA that dislikes BD.

• Like 5

You can prove that all of those "pages upon pages" are DCA corps members? (Hint: You can't) In fact, a LOT of the posts ripping BD (specifically) were fans of the corps that they were beating (especially Crown and Cadets... this I CAN prove).

Yeah, makes me want to support the Bushwackers or other DCA corps.

It's the attitudes of many drum corps alumni, which has led me to not participate in senior corps since I age out over 10 years ago, and will continue to make me want to stay out of that level.

"Many drum corps alumni" =/= the Bushwackers or other DCA corps.

Your arguments are misguided and spurious. I saw a great many DCA jacket at several DCI shows this year. That's REAL support of DCI. The posts of some individuals on a marching band website are not indicative of the beliefs of the fan base as a whole.

But you know what? You are entitled to your opinion. Too bad your closed mindedness will keep you from enjoying another side of the drum corps world.

• Like 6

You can prove that all of those "pages upon pages" are DCA corps members? (Hint: You can't) In fact, a LOT of the posts ripping BD (specifically) were fans of the corps that they were beating (especially Crown and Cadets... this I CAN prove).

"Many drum corps alumni" =/= the Bushwackers or other DCA corps.

Your arguments are misguided and spurious. I saw a great many DCA jacket at several DCI shows this year. That's REAL support of DCI. The posts of some individuals on a marching band website are not indicative of the beliefs of the fan base as a whole.

But you know what? You are entitled to your opinion. Too bad your closed mindedness will keep you from enjoying another side of the drum corps world.

I had a lot written here, but it's not worth it.

I am accused of being misguided-look at the signatures or profiles of many people that rip junior corps, am I still misguided?

And you can prove these things, DO IT! Because right now YOUR comments look "misguided."

Oh, and for my "facts" or "thoughts" please read many of the ###### "open letter" threads about leaving the activity. There's my basis, find yours.

Edited by elmhurstmusiced
  • Like 1

I had a lot written here, but it's not worth it.

I am accused of being misguided-look at the signatures or profiles of many people that rip junior corps, am I still misguided?

And you can prove these things, DO IT! Because right now YOUR comments look "misguided."

Oh, and for my "facts" or "thoughts" please read many of the ###### "open letter" threads about leaving the activity. There's my basis, find yours.

Yes there have been dumb ###ed posts by former or current All Agers. There are also former and current All Agers working with and/or supporting Jr corps today. Mind telling me why you're using the clods to condemn the entire All Age world? Makes no sense to me and really would like to find out.

And also looking at sigs of the the posts you condemn show that some posters are former Jr corps people. So why not condem the DCI side for their words? Again makes no sense.

Over the past I've had three posters call me a liar and trolled the Hades out of me. Since all three were former Jr corps members (or at least supported Jr corps). Should I say everyone in the DCI side acts like this?

To put it in a sounds bite: IT'S COMING FROM BOTH SIDES!!!

Edited by JimF-LowBari