The Bushwackers need your assistance

Facts? What facts? Pages upon pages on DCP ripping DCI and corps like BD?

Wow you mean all those pages came from All Age side people????

With all due respect,

There are many out there that march DCA corps, or are of that age, including myself, that have to sit here year after year and be told how DCI ruined everything, and how horrible corps like BD and in most years the Cadets for putting on innovative and intelligent shows, and now we are crying for help from the same people that many people at the DCA level come in and criticize?

I'm sorry, but when was the last time DCA, or DCA corps paid tribute to DCI age/level corps.

No, it's all about coming in here and saying how much better it was "when I marched."

I'm sorry, but I can't support that. Not as a drum corps alum, not as an educator, not as a person.

Seems awfully 2-faced to me.

I think someone has a chip on their shoulder and has picked the absolute worst topic to try and make a statement like this. With all due respect, of course. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I had a lot written here, but it's not worth it.

I am accused of being misguided-look at the signatures or profiles of many people that rip junior corps, am I still misguided?

And you can prove these things, DO IT! Because right now YOUR comments look "misguided."

Oh, and for my "facts" or "thoughts" please read many of the ###### "open letter" threads about leaving the activity. There's my basis, find yours.

You are making a broad generalization based on the statements of a few people. DCP is not the entirety of the Drum Corps population. It's not even a representative sample of the drum corps population. For every poster here, there's likely a dozen more people who have never registered on these forums. (And they likely think that one guy is a loudmouth and should shut up) You also need to keep in mind that the people with extreme views on either end of the spectrum are a vocal minority. The people at the edges scream and stamp their feet, but the mass of people in the middle go about their day and don't bother to post about how they have no strong opinion on DADA.

• Like 3

Yeah, makes me want to support the Bushwackers or other DCA corps.

It's the attitudes of many drum corps alumni, which has led me to not participate in senior corps since I age out over 10 years ago, and will continue to make me want to stay out of that level.

People on DCP (as YOU typed) having an opinion of BD that may be negative is just people on DCP - not necessarily people from DCA, the negativity towards BD spans ALL circuits, but nice broad strokes I guess.

Hear ya Kay, wonder where the poster goets such broad brushes before I start my Spring painting. FYI in my day it was called "gross generalization".

Then again if you only look at sigs (or the sigs you want to see) you miss out what is going on in the corps themselves. Such as the DCI members who cut their teeth in All Age corps. Or the posters here that work both sides (no names without permission).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Yeah, makes me want to support the Bushwackers or other DCA corps.

It's the attitudes of many drum corps alumni, which has led me to not participate in senior corps since I age out over 10 years ago, and will continue to make me want to stay out of that level.

Kind of funny how your anger and attitude is making the rest of us alumni look like a bunch of #####. Thanks. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

I had a lot written here, but it's not worth it.

I am accused of being misguided-look at the signatures or profiles of many people that rip junior corps, am I still misguided?

And you can prove these things, DO IT! Because right now YOUR comments look "misguided."

Oh, and for my "facts" or "thoughts" please read many of the ###### "open letter" threads about leaving the activity. There's my basis, find yours.

nuclear-propaganda.jpg

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

I love that movie.

(BTW-- Knibb High football rules.)

• Like 2

Thank you Mr. Kapp for the thoughtful response. This is the risk of the creditors (investors) I was referring to, and why I will always come down on the side of a creditor unless shown otherwise. While I hate it for your loss, sir, and unless proof is shown otherwise, I will therefore not be inclined to help out the Bushwhackers 'if' your outlined items are factually correct.

And that is why you are no REAL fan of drum corps. Not because you side with 1 individual instead of the corps, but because by failing to help the corps, you are failing to help the individual you just mentioned, rather hoping the sale of the horns would be enough to cover all his loses, when he has already stated he will still be out a lot of money.

• Like 3

I'm sorry, but when was the last time DCA, or DCA corps paid tribute to DCI age/level corps.

Syracuse Brigadiers.

Gave $$$,$$$ to Magic of Orlando.

• Like 7