The Bushwackers need your assistance

$3500 to go, according to Facebook today.

That's $8,500 raised in six days, leaving four to eight days (the original post of 9/7 said they had a window of "10-14 days" -- can anyone explain the uncertainty?) to get the remaining $3,500 (and hopefully more, on the assumption that the corps will try to make Mr. Kapp whole, including the lost interest).

• Like 2

Yep; not only have some of us made our marks on a DCI finals field, but with corps which have DCI rings. :ph34r:

That's what gives me my DCP internet cred, as I have a Blue Devils ring...

...tone. :lookaround:

• Like 1

That's what gives me my DCP internet cred, as I have a Blue Devils ring...

...tone. :lookaround:

My DCP cred comes from the time in Allentown when Phil MacArthur told me there was an opening for me with Blue Devils. :w00t:

...and handed me a bottle opener with a BD logo.... :doh:

My DCP cred comes from the time in Allentown when Phil MacArthur told me there was an opening for me with Blue Devils. :w00t:

...and handed me a bottle opener with a BD logo.... :doh:

Just think about how impressive you would be, if you still had both that bottle opener AND F-tuning on your iPhone! :omg:

It boggles the mind. :cool:

Having heard from Jay, Bob and Dave....and still not necessarily able to make perfect sense of everything....i did what I thought was right....

I hit the Bushwackers website, clicked on Donate and put a little in the PayPal kitty.

I didnt want to miss out on an opportunity to be part of the solution.

This drive toward a solution has a REAL chance at being a drum corps success story.

Edited by wishbonecav
  • Like 3

Let's get this done for them folks. Whatever the cause of their trouble we're all a family. Family helps when we're needed. Don't let another corps fall into history because you wouldn't make a donation, even a small one.

I made a small donation by PayPal. Remember you don't need a PayPal account to make a PayPal donation, they take credit cards too.

Best of luck Bush

• Like 4

I can no longer watch this one-person crusade silently.

Stu, you articulate your values very well. Why do you only apply them to some people and not others?

Mr. Morlot was kind enough to post here, and admit that there were staff bills not yet paid when he retired. We have no idea how many such bills there were, how long they went unpaid, or what the amounts were. Why do you give him a pass, while holding Bob Gupta to a higher standard?

Fine: What was the entire, the entire debt (itemized on staff owed, bus payments owed, leases owed, etc...) at the point Jay resigned?

And what happened to those staff payments? For all you know, current Bushwacker management may have avoided multiple legal actions by prioritizing those payments over the loan to Mr. Kapp. But it is easier to jump to conclusions based on a few Internet postings that only tell part of the story.

Fine again; please be transparent on what was paid, how much was paid, and when it was paid.

Yes, there was a huge catastrophe. The 2011 corps had very low membership turnout.

No, No, No, that is absolutely 'not' a catastrophe but poor planning. Even if there was a low turnout, the corps could have downsized their outlays to match the lower turnout. That is unless the corps was relying on projected income from future dues to pay off previous debt, which is extremely poor management practices within any business.

New management took over in May. The corps doubled in size after that, but was still much smaller than normal. The 2012 corps showed more growth, but was still smaller than what Bushwackers were fielding prior to 2011. So here comes Stu, demanding in Donald Trump style that management be fired.

Yes, firings are in order if the management, old or new, is relying on projected revenue from membership dues to pay off debt. The problem is getting into debt for the sake of performance; and not having a secure way to pay on debt; but even running on deficit spending, especially just relying on membership dues, is a sure way to collapse a business.

I fail to see why you even ask whether there was a catastrophe, though. After Revolution had their story appear here last year, you were the one saying that all corps should have enough money in the bank in advance to cover the entire year's budget, including contingencies for unexpected catastrophes - or they should go inactive. Why should Bob Gupta plead his case to you here, just to get that response?

Truth hurts.

I just hope that the rest of us reading your baseless attacks on the current Bushwacker administration are even more motivated to help them out as a result. If so, justice served.

Baseless? I would not call finding out why a corps has to go into legal action on financial mismanagement as baseless.

• Like 1

Just imagine how financially sound the drum corps activity would be with Stu at the helm!!!!

• Like 3