The Cavaliers announce 2013 design team

Again, it's not so much the who.. but the how. These additions to the design staff obviously come with chops, but that in and of itself is only one qualifier. To be successful they must meld into the design team, listen to and respect their inputs, and have the artistic sense to "know" what fits and what doesn't. There is no magic staffer, only the possibility that this team will stick it out and regain that amazing design atmosphere they once enjoyed. I think they will.

Jesus. They haven't even brainstormed a show concept yet and you have already decided the visual package won't be worth it.

This place is why I drink.

Seriously? All the guy did was make a prediction based on, wait for it, past performance (the horror!). That's how most things in life work. Kindergarten this ain't.

This is a HUGE step UP! Alan Spaeth is at the top of the creative game! His insights and contributions alone will be an added plus for The Cavaliers.

agreed!

Edited by dugg

There is no magic staffer

I think I must respectfully disagree. It seems to me that Michael Gaines was a magic staffer for the Cavaliers who was able to direct the process even in the absence of Saucedo. Without him there to direct the design process and fix the problems, it would seem to me that the rest of the very similar design staff was not able to hold up the same quality level this past year. Does that sound about right?

• Like 1

I think I must respectfully disagree. It seems to me that Michael Gaines was a magic staffer for the Cavaliers who was able to direct the process even in the absence of Saucedo. Without him there to direct the design process and fix the problems, it would seem to me that the rest of the very similar design staff was not able to hold up the same quality level this past year. Does that sound about right?

Actually, by magic staffer, I was referring to a new staff acquisition that would suddenly change things and send the corps soaring into the medals. Michael Gaines is a genius designer for sure...but he was with them for some time. Having him leave is, in fact, the opposite of what I've been saying. Staffs must stay together and in my thinking, the sudden departure of Jeff Fiedler was the first shoe to drop over in Rosemont, then the trickle of disintegration began......same for PR. Consistency wins... and I NEVER predict anything...but I will go out on a limb and say that the corps that have the best shot at the title are CC and SCV (for just that reason).......stability. CC for current stability and SCV for Jeff building a dynamic team for the long haul....they will be Champs and pretty #### soon.

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 1

Actually, by magic staffer, I was referring to a new staff acquisition that would suddenly change things and send the corps soaring into the medals. Michael Gaines is a genius designer for sure...but he was with them for some time. Having him leave is, in fact, the opposite of what I've been saying. Staffs must stay together and in my thinking, the sudden departure of Jeff Fiedler was the first shoe to drop over in Rosemont, then the trickle of disintegration began......same for PR. Consistency wins... and I NEVER predict anything...but I will go out on a limb and say that the corps that have the best shot at the title are CC and SCV (for just that reason).......stability. CC for current stability and SCV for Jeff building a dynamic team for the long haul....they will be Champs and pretty #### soon.

The retirement of Jenifo is a pretty big hit to the SCV staff. I'm interested in seeing who they acquire to fill her shoes.

As for the additions to the Cavies ... I worked with Alan decades ago. He was a brilliant designer then ... and has only gained experience and chops since then, along with a ton of accomplishments that have been cited earlier in this thread. I'm anxious to see how the new team melds and the product they create. I think it's a great addition and should give the Cavie fans much to cheer about once the show hits the field. Nice work from the admin staff on making this happen. Let's see who else they get!

1347209298[/url]' post='3216667']

Seriously? All the guy did was make a prediction based on, wait for it, past performance (the horror!). That's how most things in life work. Kindergarten this ain't.

You are pretty ignorant to think that past performance is an indicator of future results.

This isn't kindergarten. Whatever that's supposed to mean. Was that your tough guy quote from some stupid gang banger music video your mom told you not to watch?

• Like 1

I worked with Alan decades ago. He was a brilliant designer then ... and has only gained experience and chops since then

agreed!

god i love the month after finals. the amount of guaranteed disasters predicted already...