Rep Question

What is the name of the song BD's flugelhorn solo at the beginning of their show is from? And does anybody know where I can find a recording? (YouTube, Google, and iTunes have all turned up nothing)

Edited by jedihunter80

Huh. Well I feel dumb now for not picking up on that. Corpsreps failed me!

www.corpsreps.com

Can give you any/all repertoire questions, and they do a fairly good job in listing the songs in the correct order.

I am not posting to be a jerk, but many don't realize how good that site really is for questions like this.

www.corpsreps.com

Can give you any/all repertoire questions, and they do a fairly good job in listing the songs in the correct order.

I am not posting to be a jerk, but many don't realize how good that site really is for questions like this.

I am also not posting to be a jerk, but the OP already said that it wasn't listed on Corpsreps.

I am also not posting to be a jerk, but the OP already said that it wasn't listed on Corpsreps.

There is nothing in the original post about corpsreps.com, but thanks for chastising me!

BD referred to it as "Morrison Mania." I don't know why.

Edited by Crown Phan

What is the name of the song BD's flugelhorn solo at the beginning of their show is from? And does anybody know where I can find a recording? (YouTube, Google, and iTunes have all turned up nothing)

I must be blind. Please show me where in the text it says that, because in the quote I put at the top that I read, I don't see it.

Besides, Morrison Mania by James Horner is listed after the John Adams piece, and has also been pointed out on here. It is also referred to as "Apollo 13," although it is listed as such.

As for my reference to corpreps.com, here is the info:

2012 Cabaret Voltaire - Harmonielehre * Morrison Mania * Children's Hour of Dream * Symphonies: V * Bird and Bela in B Flat * Gymnopedies Amazon * Ballet Mecanique * Peppy and George (from The Artist) * Dr. Bones * New Arrival (from Corpse Bride) Amazon * Tevot * Rhapsody in Blue

And if we look at the Blue Devils website we see their show announcement:

•TRISTAN WRITES A MANIFESTO

"Harmonielehre" John Adams

"Morrison Mania" James Horner

"The Children's Hour of Dream" Charles Mingus

"Symphonies: V" Andre Souris

•MARCEL PAINTS A MOUSTACHE

"Bird & Bela in B Flat" Don Sebesky

•HANNAH MAKES A COLLAGE

"Gymnopedies" Erik Satie

•MAN RAY MAKES A METRONOME

"Ballet Mecanique" George Antheil

•GERTRUDE WRITES A PLAY

"Peppy and George" Ludovic Bource (from The Artist)

"Dr. Bones" Steve Perry

"New Arrival" Danny Elfman (from Corpse Bride)

"Tevot" Thomas Ades

"Rhapsody in Blue" George Gershwin

Thanks again though! It was fun to see all of the awesome music they put together for that show!