Eye from the Sky

I was flipping through a few DVDs and decided to watch a few shows from hi-cam as opposed to my usual multi-cam. Does anyone have any favorite shows to watch from hi-cam or any shows where you prefer the hi-cam to the multi-cam?

A few of my favorites:

2000 The Cavaliers

2006 Bluecoats

2010 The Cavaliers

Carolina Crown 2008 is a show I love to watch on the hi-cam! Especially the closer with all the famous drill sections. One of my favorite shows visually for crown!

Another one has to be SCV 2007, that was some beautiful moving drill!

• Like 2

SCV from the Pete Weber era are always fun shows to watch from high-cam, because he always does either really massive drill moves, or ones that take a very long time to develop, and you can watch happen.

Bluecoats 2006 and 2008 for sure. 2008, because they really did a great job of framing every part of the story, and you can see it all in the drill

BD 2008. So many layers to that show you can't see from multi-cam

Crown 2008 and 2012. Just for the drill in those shows, especially all of the "quotes" in the Finis show

Cavaliers 2000 and 2003. Such organic drill, that was geometric at the same time.

Madison 1999. If only for the opening, when they go from all across the field down to the tiny block, some of those people were just hauling!

Also, Crown 2006. For one very infamous set. Once you see it, you'll know. Also, PC 2010 during the early season up through San Antonio falls into this category. Their opening set was very questionably designed.... Looked like an infamous historical symbol

Edited by fsubone

Any Cavaliers show. If my seats are not high enough I try and find an empty just to view their drill. It has has been for amazing for decades.

And Crown because of how spread out they are. The forms are almost impossible to see from low seats. I came up the ranks of Drum Corps when field coverage was really emphasized and given credit due.

• Like 1

All of them.

I don't like the multi-cam because I miss too much of what's happening elsewhere on the field.

I like having an option. I do like the multi cam sometimes after I had seen each show a few times just to get more detail on things and see faces up close.