Cadets 2011 in 2012

They would have been 2nd. It was a great design. A challenging design, that they achieved very well for the most part. Would have beat Crown, because Crown never achieved their drill.

Some one said something about 2005 Cadets in 2006? I think they would have blown everyone out of the water in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,,, well you get my point.

I wasn't too fond of that show the first time I saw it in Allentown. But OMG I love that show. It is awesome. And it is the best COMPLETE package The Cadets have ever put together. Actually the best complete package any corps has EVER put together. That show was ####### clean too. I don't know. They were great in all captions. And IMO were more effective than any BD show since then. Especially the visual design.

And that ballad. OMG!

• Like 4

They would have been 2nd. It was a great design. A challenging design, that they achieved very well for the most part. Would have beat Crown, because Crown never achieved their drill.

Some one said something about 2005 Cadets in 2006? I think they would have blown everyone out of the water in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,,, well you get my point.

I wasn't too fond of that show the first time I saw it in Allentown. But OMG I love that show. It is awesome. And it is the best COMPLETE package The Cadets have ever put together. Actually the best complete package any corps has EVER put together. That show was ####### clean too. I don't know. They were great in all captions. And IMO were more effective than any BD show since then. Especially the visual design.

And that ballad. OMG!

Yes, Yes, Yes. Cadets 2005 pwns drumcorps!! Love it!!

This is an about-face. This time last year the consensus was that Cadets had won DCI with the least clean show in history, an opinion I did not agree with, and that Blue Devils were off a bit in the late season, an opinion I did share.

I watched the 2011 Blue-ray last night to refresh my memory before commenting, and I still believe that it was the Cadets' night, but I don't think it would have topped either Crown or Blue Devils this year. Love or hate "Cabaret Voltaire" it was an in your face, over the top, extravaganza that probably won't be topped by any corps for a while, even the Blue Devils. "Angels and Demons" had unforgettable elements, but not an entire show of such elements. Now I enjoyed the good v. evil show of the Cadets far more than venturing into Dada territory, but I think it's safe to say it would have placed below Blue Devils.

As far as Crown of 2012 and Cadets of 2011 would be concerned, I think any other year it would have been Crown's night. This may be an emotional response since I really loved "For the Common Good" this past year. If I'm objective, I may not be on as strong a footing. As far as brass is concerned , there's no question it would be Crown since Crown won the Ott award last year as well as this year and "For the Common Good" was a stronger book than "Rach Star." Color guard it would be close but I would give that to Cadets, who incidentally were behind Blue Devils in this caption last year. As far as drill is concerned, I'd have to say Crown. Crown had nailed their drill by Indy. The Achilles heel for Crown this year was percussion, which placed 6th. Last year Cadets placed 3rd in percussion. This is an aspect of the I haven't seen explored yet. While I love a good drum line, I'm not a percussion guy, and I can't evaluate percussion the way I can evaluate other elements. So perhaps our percussionists out there need to determine if the drum lines better this year than last year, and would a sixth place finish this year be better than a third place finish last year? This is where we'd find an objective answer.

I thought 2012 would be a repeat of 2011 or 2008. Like Cadets of last year, I expected Crown to win after Allentown and when that didn't happen, I thought we'd have repeat of Crown surprising everyone like Phantom did in 2008. Well that didn't happen either, but this season was still one of the most charged seasons in a while with two very tough and worthy competitors, and while I loved the Cadets and enjoyed "Angels and Demons," I don't think it would have topped "For the Common Good" or "Cabaret Voltaire."

Edited by Tim K

Still don't get the "least clean winner" tag assigned to Cadets 2011.

Anyway, I think BD 2012 would beat Cadets 2011, and an edge to Cadets 2012 over Crown 2012. Cadets win Music GE, Music Ensemble, and Visual Performance; Crown wins Brass; BD everything else.