Leaving!

I am leaving DCP! I see this becoming like politics and Facebook. This site is an opportunity for all to talk about our activity. Instead it has become US vs. Them, New Corps vs. Dino's and frankly I hate it! I like the concept of DCP but sadly we have many members who feel that they are more intelligent than the rest of us. I have been and will always be a fan of drum corps no matter what changes are made. The debates that occur on here are like the division of Republicans and Democrats and I hate it as it has become somewht like the Civil War...to much division. We don't stand together anymore! Now it's divide an conquer! It sux! I walked away from Drum corps because I love my wife and 2 other marriages went down the drain because of corps. I didn't kiss anyone ### to get into "clique" of drum corps and let other ego's take center stage. So later on today I will leave DCP just because I value friendships and choose not to take anymore sides. I can be reached at susannkeith@comcast.net if you choose to stay in contact with me. Many of you that I have met on here are amazing people. MaybeI have overstayed my welcome. Maybe I'll see you all later!

• Like 1

I am leaving DCP! I see this becoming like politics and Facebook. This site is an opportunity for all to talk about our activity. Instead it has become US vs. Them, New Corps vs. Dino's and frankly I hate it! I like the concept of DCP but sadly we have many members who feel that they are more intelligent than the rest of us. I have been and will always be a fan of drum corps no matter what changes are made. The debates that occur on here are like the division of Republicans and Democrats and I hate it as it has become somewht like the Civil War...to much division. We don't stand together anymore! Now it's divide an conquer! It sux! I walked away from Drum corps because I love my wife and 2 other marriages went down the drain because of corps. I didn't kiss anyone ### to get into "clique" of drum corps and let other ego's take center stage. So later on today I will leave DCP just because I value friendships and choose not to take anymore sides. I can be reached at susannkeith@comcast.net if you choose to stay in contact with me. Many of you that I have met on here are amazing people. MaybeI have overstayed my welcome. Maybe I'll see you all later!

I, for one, will miss you. I understand and have tried to stay away (and maybe above) some of the snarky antics that go on here sometimes. But I have always enjoyed your company, insight and sense of humor on these pages. Thank you, Keith.

You lost 2 marriages because of drum corps? I would say that you leaving DCP is probably a good idea...

Keith I am not a common user of this forum but am sad to see you leave also. As in the above comment it is not hard to see why some people get discouraged with the general comments posted in response. I have read a lot of your comments and stories with much anticipation. I have always had one motto I tried to live up to in life "Treat people how you want to be treated" I really hope you reconsider as you are a huge contributor to the well being of this forum. Thanx

A guy goes into a bar....

Many people in the bar are idiots....

So the guy goes to another bar. :tongue:

• Like 1

Keith, Thanks for ALWAYs trying to keep the Historical part of DCP Historical!! I totally understand and respect your decision. I am just surprised that it took this long =) Keep Marking Time My friend.

Edited by BariBrian

Keith,

I'm sorry to see you go. You always write good topic starters on this board. But I certainly understand and respect your decision. Best of luck!!!

Edited by pearlsnaredrummer77