Blue stars comeback

They are going to be a different corps. New unis and lots of staff leaving, but some of the rumored staff coming in is pretty amazing (all speculation at this point, but most of the time, this speculation is true, depending on the source).

It is going to be a transition year. This could be good though, sometimes a revamped staff is needed. I have a feeling the returning members are going to have a fire in their eyes from now til next August. I don't think they'll stay out of finals. Unfortunately during the off season there are going to be many posts of how they are going to fall even further and such, they don't know that's going to happen! I don't either, everything is speculation unil they step off at their first contest next June. I think they are going to be a refreshed corps with a good new direction.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

They are going to be a different corps. New unis and lots of staff leaving, but some of the rumored staff coming in is pretty amazing (all speculation at this point, but most of the time, this speculation is true, depending on the source).

It is going to be a transition year. This could be good though, sometimes a revamped staff is needed. I have a feeling the returning members are going to have a fire in their eyes from now til next August. I don't think they'll stay out of finals. Unfortunately during the off season there are going to be many posts of how they are going to fall even further and such, they don't know that's going to happen! I don't either, everything is speculation unil they step off at their first contest next June. I think they are going to be a refreshed corps with a good new direction.

I really hope they bring back the helmuts

• Like 3

I really hope they bring back the helmuts

The question of the helmets has been addressed in this forum since the end of the season. I loved the uniqueness of the helmets, but because of the plumes being set to the side, (which made them so distinctive), members couldn't line up alternately facing one another, or some facing forward while others faced backwards, as the displacement of the plumes from the center of the line would make the line looked wavy.

• Like 1

The question of the helmets has been addressed in this forum since the end of the season. I loved the uniqueness of the helmets, but because of the plumes being set to the side, (which made them so distinctive), members couldn't line up alternately facing one another, or some facing forward while others faced backwards, as the displacement of the plumes from the center of the line would make the line looked wavy.

I second that, not to mention the helmets werent the most comfortable and stable thing to run around a field with on your head.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=bcf3feb9-16af-4171-b9b3-d6598d52d618

In the link there is a video of Brad Furlano talking about the switch to shakos.

• Like 1

It worked in the 70's. You don't get 2nd place at DCI finals by having crooked lines. At least not back then.

• Like 2