Blue Stars announce 2013 Design Team

Richard Saucedo - Brass Arranger

Michael Sharpio - Guard

John Mapes and Ian Grom - Percussion

Tim Fairbanks - Drill

Fred Feeney - Program Coordinator

That's quite a team. Lots of WGI experience with percussion, drill, and program coordinator. This is great news! :thumbup:

http://www.bluestars.org/story.php?story_id=665

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

This makes me curious now if the Blue Stars will do original music this year as they have on/off with Sullivan.

I would assume so considering the number of original shows Saucedo has done on a marching field.

They announced Saucedo as a composer and brass arranger for them, so it sounds like they may be doing original music. It's a shame to see Frank, Neil, and Tom go after all they did for the Blue Stars, but I think they struck gold with their new hires!

• Like 1

since sullivan has been at blue stars, the blue stars had one of my top 3 favorite music books every year (except this last one), I hope he lands somewhere else, it will be a shame to not hear his stuff any more.

same goes for kevin ford, I would love to see his designs somewhere soon!

• Like 4

I could be wrong, but it seems to me getting Saucedo - one of the anchors behind the Cavies' dominance in the 2000s - is a seriously big deal.

• Like 3

Now if they would bring back their classic look from the 70's and re-establish their identity like the Scouts have done, they would take a giant step forward.

The helmets were not a good look - but I would enjoy something closer to their original look

• Like 4