DCA Score Archive?

Does anyone know where to find the DCA score archive? I know it was available a while back, but now I can't find it. I'm looking for scores for Gloversville 1976 (June) and Toronto (Sept) 1970.

Thanks!

Does anyone know where to find the DCA score archive? I know it was available a while back, but now I can't find it. I'm looking for scores for Gloversville 1976 (June) and Toronto (Sept) 1970.

Thanks!

Fish,

Type Historical Scores in the SEARCH window, top right of the DCA site.

Here ya go:

http://www.dcacorps.org/?page_id=759

August 21, 1976

Gloversville, NY

1. Caballeros 86.400

2. Buccaneers 75.200

3. Sunrisers 75.100

4. Yankee Rebels 73.300

5. Thunderbirds 67.950

Didn't see Toronto 1970.

Edited by gsksun4

Fish,

Type Historical Scores in the SEARCH window, top right of the DCA site.

Here ya go:

http://www.dcacorps.org/?page_id=759

August 21, 1976

Gloversville, NY

1. Caballeros 86.400

2. Buccaneers 75.200

3. Sunrisers 75.100

4. Yankee Rebels 73.300

5. Thunderbirds 67.950

Didn't see Toronto 1970.

Thanks......I knew it was out there somewhere!.........Wonder why 1970 Toronto isn't listed?........I know it was Sept 4th...the night before DCA. I'm remember because we won and were stoked for the championship the next day......didn't work out as we hoped though!

Thanks......I knew it was out there somewhere!.........Wonder why 1970 Toronto isn't listed?........I know it was Sept 4th...the night before DCA. I'm remember because we won and were stoked for the championship the next day......didn't work out as we hoped though!

was Toronto 1970 a DCA sanctioned show or one of the "other" leagues? Don't think it was DCA...

was Toronto 1970 a DCA sanctioned show or one of the "other" leagues? Don't think it was DCA...

Sanctioned as far as all the corps there knew ... Hurcs, Cabs, Sky ... and others ... maybe Sun, Roch, Dips? ... Hurcs definitely won and looked in good shape for Prelims the next day ... I do remember some type of National Exposition was on and it was reported that they hit a million people for attendance ... they certainly had enough beer gardens!!!!

Now that I think of it, it was this show that propelled the corps to the "Clap Show" in 71 because no one wanted to compete "the night before" DCA ... hmmmm ... sounds like theres a poem in there somewhere ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

I didn't know if we ever went to a show that wasn't DCA sanctioned! So I assume it was.

Now that I think of it, it was this show that propelled the corps to the "Clap Show" in 71 because no one wanted to compete "the night before" DCA ... hmmmm ... sounds like theres a poem in there somewhere ...

Never heard of this 71 clap show. If it's the kind where the audience applauds to judge the show, I'd like to hear about it.

If it's the other kind, I'll pass. :w00t:

Edited by gsksun4

my hunch is the archives are incomplete if stuff was tossed, etc

The DCA archive may be incomplete, and it also contains some inaccuracies.....example 1976 lists Hershey as June 16th......that date falls on Wednesday!....most likely it should be June 12th. The DCA site doesn't provide an avenue to contact anyone for corrections though.

Never heard of this 71 clap show. If it's the kind where the audience applauds to judge the show, I'd like to hear about it.

If it's the other kind, I'll pass. :w00t:

My memory is shot.....don't know the city or the corps that "won"......but yes, it was based on audience responce and proved to be a ridiculous concept as far as any corps taking the show seriously! Basically everyone's performance was of an "exibition" quality. Retreat was hilarious though...lots of clapping by the corps! Lisko probably can give more deyail....Take it Andy...................