Cavaliers 2013 Comeback

3rd&10

Oh yeah, and I'm with Boo. Zappa, FTW! Really, can any corps please do an all Zappa program??? Please??!

Really, -1s for these comments, WTH :doh:

maybe it was not enough luv for Bess ? ( haha! )

Bully , Somewhere !!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

2007 Cavaliers show: "Billy Joel" [And So It Goes]

How is a tribute to Billy Joel "looking forward"? Billy Joel hadn't had a top 20 pop hit since around 1988 ...

Where did I put my pedantic hat? Ah! there it is:

Billy Joel's "River of Dreams" reached #3 on the U.S. pop charts in 1993. That was his last top 20 hit here.

Well, four later songs made the top 20 on the U.S. Adult Contemporary chart, concluding with "Hey, Girl", a cover of the Goffin-King composition, which hit #13 in 1997.

And Joel's "All My Life" did reach #94 on the Japanese pop charts in 2007. Maybe that influenced the Cavaliers? :tongue:

And Joel's "All My Life" did reach #94 on the Japanese pop charts in 2007. Maybe that influenced the Cavaliers? :tongue:

You may be wrong for all I know but,

You may be right.

They should do "The Matrix". Play selections like; "Sweet Dreams (are made of this)" from Sucker Punch, "Requiem for a dream" by Clint Mansell, Rob Dougan's "Clubbed to Death"and "Nothing at All". Of course the big moment of the show will be the BLUE or RED Pill -- the design team would have fun with this. Guard flags could represent which color Neo picks. pipe some Morpheus vocals through the speakers. The show would be like a mix between samarai and 007. just some of my ideas. I could see the cavaliers doing something like this.

The%20Matrix%20Reloaded.jpg

• Like 1

I vote for "Of Sailors and Wales" by W. Francis McBeth...

Something a drum corps has never done, masculine, and could be a good direction for the Cavaliers to go with difficult, varied, and exciting music when properly shaped into the drum corps idiom. Personally, I cut down Movement III ( after 1:15) & IV to try and keep as much of the other movements in and help the music fit into a proper show length. Maybe put some of the 1st Movement in the preshow? satisfied.gif

There's just a LOT of great music in each movement that could go into a great show...

I. Ishmael

II. Queequeg

III. Father Maple

IV. Ahab

V. The White Whale...

Edited by jjeffeory

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Love this work!

I know a couple of bands have done it. One version I saw was absolutely incredible. The other version wasn't as good.

I have no idea why a junior corps hasn't done this already. It's such good material. tongue.gif

Bully , Somewhere !!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Buy the 2008 DVD with the Alumni Corp performance. It was an honor to play both.