Name Drum Corps that wore unique uniforms depicting real life

baja

An even better trivia question for you. When did the 27th Lancers drums change from Black Watch tartan to Stewart?

I have no idea and wish you would let the world know!!! lol (I bet it was when you were marching....!)

Edited by BigDale

I have no idea and wish you would let the world know!!! lol (I bet it was when you were marching....!)

1975, My first year on the sidelines.

• Like 1

1975, My first year on the sidelines.

1975, My first year in the Bigtime !!! :smile:

• Like 2

From the mean streets of Bayonne, NJ...the Bridgemen as of 1976 and onward! :tongue:

Hawthorne Muchachos and Cabs.

Gee Mike D., one would have thought you would have put in a good word for your beloved Garfield Cadets. While not using the West Point gray tops, those Garfield uniforms to this day always remind me of West Point Cadets. There's even an old Fleetwood cover with the guard showing the captain with the chevrons on the sleeve.

Gee Mike D., one would have thought you would have put in a good word for your beloved Garfield Cadets. While not using the West Point gray tops, those Garfield uniforms to this day always remind me of West Point Cadets. There's even an old Fleetwood cover with the guard showing the captain with the chevrons on the sleeve.

"West Point Uniforms":

One of the mid 1960's incantations of the Madison Scouts saw them in "West Point" type uniforms. Also back in the 1950's the Boston/Hyde Park Crusaders had actual "West Point" uniforms that then Senator John F Kennedy procured for them.

"Back in the Day" one of our cross town rivals, the St Raphaels Buccaneers had "Buccaneers/Pirates" type uniforms, and the Trumbull Troubadors wore "Gaucho" outfits.

Elphaba

"West Point Uniforms":

One of the mid 1960's incantations of the Madison Scouts saw them in "West Point" type uniforms. Also back in the 1950's the Boston/Hyde Park Crusaders had actual "West Point" uniforms that then Senator John F Kennedy procured for them.

"Back in the Day" one of our cross town rivals, the St Raphaels Buccaneers had "Buccaneers/Pirates" type uniforms, and the Trumbull Troubadors wore "Gaucho" outfits.

Elphaba

Here is the link to St. Raphaels Buccaneers http://robin2728.com/SRGB/SRGB_1960.html and several photos of the uniform changing over the years.

1960buccaneersa.gif

1966ctyankeesshow.jpg

1966waterburybig.jpg

SRGB_Hedges_Stadium_1964.jpg

• Like 1

Here is the link to St. Raphaels Buccaneers http://robin2728.com/SRGB/SRGB_1960.html and several photos of the uniform changing over the years.

1960buccaneersa.gif

1966ctyankeesshow.jpg

1966waterburybig.jpg

SRGB_Hedges_Stadium_1964.jpg

Thanks Baja ... I was wondering if anyone was going to post St. Raphael's ... the top pic is the uni they wore from 60-62 ... the lower pics are from 63-67 ... quite a unique uni for the early 60's when the majority of corps wore cadet jackets or satin blouses ...

:-)

Very true!

I was wondering if anyone was going to post St. Raphael's ... the top pic is the uni they wore from 60-62 ... the lower pics are from 63-67 ... quite a unique uni for the early 60's when the majority of corps wore cadet jackets or satin blouses ...

I remember both those uniforms and competed against those Jr. Bucs a few times. A formidable corps to say the least. When it came to dominant Jr. corps in Connecticut, Bridgeport PAL and St. Raphael's were always in the mix of the upper echelon corps.

I also believe St. Raphael's have the unique distinction of having had one of the tallest marchers in the history of drum corps.