What did you do?

En929

107 members have voted

1. 1. What instrument did you play in drum corps or what section were you a part of? That is, which section were you mostly part of?

• Horn
    • Battery Drums
    • Pit
    • Colorguard

It's interesting to hear that there are so many baritone players here. I never would have guess. I myself played Bari and Contra.

Bari except for parts of 2 years when I played parade Euph (ran out of Baris.... not kidding) and Honor Guard for field shows (wonder how many did that :tongue: ).

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

French Horn! (No, not Mellophone, French Horn bugle) Not many of those around anymore, and 0 in DCI today.

If you want to hear a sound no longer included in drum corps, go back and listen to some late 70's/early 80's horn lines that had great French Horn sections - Phantom, Guardsmen, Madison, BD.

Also judged and taught.

pistol, rifle, flag, bass drum, timpani, timpani, cymbal, bass drum, bass drum.

Euphonium, man's instrument

I've always been impressed by folks hoisting those beastly horns, but as for a man's instrument there was girl in Blue Stars euph line few years back who was a tiny thing, and she killed it.