Why random political ads on DCP

calileadsop

I would like to know why random political ads appear on the forum pages of DCP? I thought all forms of political messages, ads, etc was banned from these pages? I personally find some of these ads offensive. I further ask the powers that be in DCP to stop these one sides ads immediately. This site should remain politically neutral and feature no ads from either party.

• Like 5

I would like to know why random political ads appear on the forum pages of DCP? I thought all forms of political messages, ads, etc was banned from these pages? I personally find some of these ads offensive. I further ask the powers that be in DCP to stop these one sides ads immediately. This site should remain politically neutral and feature no ads from either party.

Ads on the site appear based on your geography, stuff you search for and other sites you visit. Basically, the ads are tailored to what Google thinks YOU are interested to see. DCP has nothing to do with this.

Anyway, you are likely receiving these ads because you might live in an area that is a key geography for an upcoming election and based on the fact you have visited different political sites (or browsed political articles from links on Google News).

In short, YOU are the reason you see these ads on DCP, not DCP (most ads on this site aren't even in English for me).

• Like 3

I like waffles.

• Like 4

I like waffles.

Ban Waffles.

( and 16 ounce coca cola's, while we're at it. )

I'm a colories cop, so watch you're marching step, fella.

Edited by BRASSO

Wait there are ad's on this site? Guess my ad blocker is better than I thought.

• Like 5

Ads on the site appear based on your geography, stuff you search for and other sites you visit. Basically, the ads are tailored to what Google thinks YOU are interested to see. DCP has nothing to do with this.

Anyway, you are likely receiving these ads because you might live in an area that is a key geography for an upcoming election and based on the fact you have visited different political sites (or browsed political articles from links on Google News).

In short, YOU are the reason you see these ads on DCP, not DCP (most ads on this site aren't even in English for me).

This is probably the best explanation of the situation. DCP has very little control over what ads appear on the website. It's mostly controlled by the factors explained above. For example, I'm seeing ads for US Cellular right now because I recently visited their website to price out new phone contracts. The ads truly are based off of your browsing history.

• Like 1

Wait there are ad's on this site? Guess my ad blocker is better than I thought.

Apparently all it ever takes are random acts of blindness.

(I basically never know the ads are even on here either.)

Daniel is exactly correct. The political adverts you're seeing are selected by Google, based on your browsing history and geography ... and we have very little control over what they present. For what its worth, I haven't seen a political advert in the Google space in several years.

For those that have enabled their 'ad-blocker' for this site and others, you should know that the advertising we run on the site is the ONLY source of revenue we have to fund the operation of the site. I've been very careful to limit the number and location of adverts presented on the site ... and while I can't require that you view and click on the adverts, common sense will tell you that if this continues and grows, the site will no longer exist. Its just as simple as that.

Thanks to those that DO click on our banners and support our sponsors and advertisers!

-john

Daniel is exactly correct. The political adverts you're seeing are selected by Google, based on your browsing history and geography ... and we have very little control over what they present. For what its worth, I haven't seen a political advert in the Google space in several years.

For those that have enabled their 'ad-blocker' for this site and others, you should know that the advertising we run on the site is the ONLY source of revenue we have to fund the operation of the site. I've been very careful to limit the number and location of adverts presented on the site ... and while I can't require that you view and click on the adverts, common sense will tell you that if this continues and grows, the site will no longer exist. Its just as simple as that.

Thanks to those that DO click on our banners and support our sponsors and advertisers!

-john

Thank you for the explanation, Daniel and John. I would gladly put up with some political ads over putting up with DCP not being here.

And that explains why I keep seeing ads for cheese.

• Like 1

Based on your browsing history/cookies etc.

I get garden shed adverts.... that's a right I'm a real life James Bond!