Why random political ads on DCP

calileadsop

Based on your browsing history/cookies etc.

I get garden shed adverts.... that's a right I'm a real life James Bond!

Your life is apparently MUCH more exciting than mine.

Oh, look...a weight-loss advert.

• Like 1

I would like to know why random political ads appear on the forum pages of DCP? I thought all forms of political messages, ads, etc was banned from these pages? I personally find some of these ads offensive. I further ask the powers that be in DCP to stop these one sides ads immediately. This site should remain politically neutral and feature no ads from either party.

Just be glad your not getting ads from...those places...

(not that I am either...mine are for DCA videos)

I don't get any political ads. Since I am a computer nerd and visit Newegg I see ads for surveillance systems, refurb laptops, and memory chips.all items I have clicked on a NewEgg.

You might be able to avoid the pop up ads if you used the "private browsing" feature of your browser. If you got the ad there is a little blue tab which allows you opt out of some of the ads. The company is "AdChoices."

I would like to know why random political ads appear on the forum pages of DCP? I thought all forms of political messages, ads, etc was banned from these pages? I personally find some of these ads offensive. I further ask the powers that be in DCP to stop these one sides ads immediately. This site should remain politically neutral and feature no ads from either party.

Well said, Calileadsop

I personally find some of these ads offensive.

This is such a seriously overused phrase anymore. You really get truly offended/hurt/it ruins your day? What are we, a bunch of wimps anymore?

• Like 4

Ads on the site appear based on your geography, stuff you search for and other sites you visit. Basically, the ads are tailored to what Google thinks YOU are interested to see. DCP has nothing to do with this.

Must keep up to date on the searches as for a few weeks we got in home care ads after we looked for just a few days. Then they dropped off.

Then I hit 55 and got an ad for "signs of a heart attack" while looking at DCA reviews. Make of that what you want. :blink:

No pop ups on DCP, just the bottom and top of the page ads. Only pop ups I get are from my provider :thumbdown: and local newspaper website :thumbdown: :thumbdown: (Newspaper is going from daily to 3x a week next year anyway.)

Edited by JimF-LowBari