Skyliners, Crusaders, Brigadiers, ect...

I thought I had heard Sky was to be evaluated by DCA last year, but then never heard another thing about them. Are they still functioning? I also remember several posts about Cru selling everything off.

cru did sell everything and filed for bankruptcy. they are done.

Edited by Toby

it will take someone with money and a lack of brain cells to bring back Westshore.

i'm ok on the lack of brain cells part, money not so much

I know one thing that's been said in so many words, Jeff, is that if there would be a corps in the "Greater Harrisburg Area", the better move might be to incorporate under another name to try and sell the idea to the area. There would be a lot of understandable skepticism otherwise, sad to say. I think the Westshore Alumni Indoor program really represents us very well- if anything could mend the fences, it's that organization and people- I'm very proud of them.

And as Jeff has said in so many words, several of us are looking for a big hit with Powerball to get a corps started. Drum Corps is like Auto Racing. There's a saying there- "How do you make a million dollars in auto racing? Spend 10 million..." :satisfied:

Well.... you have to catch our Alumni at Hanover. That's our gig now. :satisfied:

The World Tour!!! :thumbup:

Not sure what purpose it serves to lament or speculate about the 'certain' exit of a DCA corps to either inactivity or another stage without any formal/official information coming from that organization itself. Especially now, in the fall, when all corps are busy recruiting for the coming season...this type of commentary can be very damaging. Who knows? Maybe the corps in question has plans to be around for as long as possible and we've just seriously hampered its ability to recruit - thereby making the rumor stated here more likely to become fact. Just because someone says something to you doesn't mean it's wise to post it here.

• Like 1

Not sure what purpose it serves to lament or speculate about the 'certain' exit of a DCA corps to either inactivity or another stage without any formal/official information coming from that organization itself. Especially now, in the fall, when all corps are busy recruiting for the coming season...this type of commentary can be very damaging. Who knows? Maybe the corps in question has plans to be around for as long as possible and we've just seriously hampered its ability to recruit - thereby making the rumor stated here more likely to become fact. Just because someone says something to you doesn't mean it's wise to post it here.

No official announcment- agreed. If someone was interested in a corps for next season, if the corps management can answer any concerms from a prospective member straightforwardly and frankly about any rumors and people return- it should be no problem. I'd think if a prospective member went to a rehearsal, found the corps organized, things in place, and enjoyed the experience, they'd be back and stay on board. It worked for me when I joined Westshore when I had my concerns and questions in 1979. I stayed on board for 6 seasons and still gig with the alumni. Seeing is believing, and an honest and organized staff/management and the reality will win out over any rumor.

Guessing after being screwed over by DCA the past several years, they decided to leave the circuit for Broadway and performing parking lot exhibitions at DCI.

poor form man. get over your grudges

• Like 1

I know one thing that's been said in so many words, Jeff, is that if there would be a corps in the "Greater Harrisburg Area", the better move might be to incorporate under another name to try and sell the idea to the area. There would be a lot of understandable skepticism otherwise, sad to say. I think the Westshore Alumni Indoor program really represents us very well- if anything could mend the fences, it's that organization and people- I'm very proud of them.

And as Jeff has said in so many words, several of us are looking for a big hit with Powerball to get a corps started. Drum Corps is like Auto Racing. There's a saying there- "How do you make a million dollars in auto racing? Spend 10 million..." :satisfied:

No, if I had the means to do it, the name would be used. And things would be run a lot differently. I've got the plan, I just need the funds. Even know where I'd build the corps hall and rehearsal facility

this is no rumor.

that one wasn't either. I'll wait for the official release