Cadets 2013

Correct.

You need to research things yourself. A lot of stuff can be negotiated or takes a long time or costs more than average or whatever.

MFA (and WGI's) lists are things that *they* won't clear for you.

To expand on the Favored Nations clause mentioned by Boo earlier...

Let's take the Troopers using the Bon Jovi tune a few years back. I'm sure they COULD get permission to have that recorded and included on the DVD, but that single tune probably cost more than any other tune. So let's say you have 12 finalists on the DVD, and each corps has four tunes in their show. So 48 tunes total that DCI has to secure licensing for. Let's say that royalties for 47 of those tunes is $.50 each and the royalty for the Bon Jovi tune is $2.00. All of the sudden, you have to pay $2.00 for each of the 48 songs. So your licensing fees just increase by a ton. That is why DCI and BOA often have to block out certain tunes. It's not because permission can't be secured, it's because it becomes ridiculously cost prohibitive.

Edited by combia1

Some of the folks unhappy with the hints are missing some context regarding Hopkins, information and motive.

My sense is there is no PR plan here. This might be a "hint" for us. It's not a "hint" from Cadets. Rather Hopkins shares a lot in the social media era. Email, Facebook or wherever, we learn in mostly real time what's being discussed by him and with him. We often know when he's traveling, when in the office, when working out and in this case when a program concept is being discussed. It's more like we're eavesdropping than Cadets are broadcasting. That's what I think, anyway.

I'm saying I don't think there is much to complain about legitimately. If we're listening to this stream of discussion, we ought to keep in mind we're analyzing a snapshot in time more than a manifesto.

HH

Edited by glory