What is Inactive/Closed Group?

Was checking the profile of one of my "friends" and see they are in the "Inactive/Closed" Group. Already have one in the "Banned" group which is easy to understand.

But what the heck is the criteria for "Inactive/Closed" as this person was on a few months ago.....

This IT data and program fixer is wonderin'

Edit: Guessing the poster asked to be closed? Notice another "friend" who hasn't been on in a few years but still in Member group.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Edit: Guessing the poster asked to be closed?

Done in one, my friend.

If you are leaving DCP for a while and want to still keep your account (military service, working overseas, hired as a tech and can't post on DCP anymore due to corps restrictions, etc), you can request this option to keep all your virtual "stuff" intact until you return and request to re-activate the account.

It's also an option if you wish to leave the Community permanently (e.g. "Please close my account".).

Hope that helps! :smile:

Thanks Bawker....

Is there a option/setting/group where the virtual "stuff" is not saved (intact)?

Again jus' wondering'... probably because I'm playing with that saving changes at work and taking a "brain break" on DCP.

Thanks Bawker....

Is there a option/setting/group where the virtual "stuff" is not saved (intact)?

Again jus' wondering'... probably because I'm playing with that saving changes at work and taking a "brain break" on DCP.

Well, some users have requested that we delete the information that goes with the profile (signature, avatar, and so on) before moving them to "Inactive/Closed".

Usually, stuff like that is handled on an individual, case-by-case basis depending on what the user asks.