Renegades to Europe in 2013

#### is about to get real....

#### is about to get real....

Real is the best thing that could happen. :ph34r:

Some of the stories going round really stink like bad European cheese. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Omero, you're lying and obfuscating facts.

The Renegades are responsible for the actions of the members, and the culture that the administration created and is still encouraging by this misdirection.

If you say so....

We arent the same Renegades that we were in the early days, we are more family friendly

I'd give this more weight if it came objectively from someone who was actually "there" in the "early days" and would have a basis from which to make this claim.

• Like 2

Whatever happened it's not good to have a corps leave DCA, it doesn't get more real than that

• Like 6

Breaking News. NATO puts European forces on alert after rumor of Renegades invasion.

;-p

Folks, I know there is a lot of emotion and chaos in the air right now around DCA and Renegades. Speaking on behalf of myself, let me share a few personal thoughts for the record.

1. Please know, I was not at DCA 2012, but I was in discussions with the DCA Board and the Renegades every day last week to try to resolve things, so I have first hand knowledge. Everybody tried hard, but DCA was just not in the cards for the Renegades. There are no villains, it's a lose-lose. There are issues to address so chaos never happens like this again

2. The DCA Board members are my friends, and they know this. We had direct, intense and candid discussions and ultimately disagreed. That's okay, it's their job is to make those calls. I respect the DCA Board and their decision. With all of this change, you may see some emotional venting online for a little while, especially from a few Renegades, and frankly, maybe that's healthy right now. In any event, please know the Renegades are officially moving into 2013 with peace in their heart and goodwill towards DCA. Maybe Renegades come back to DCA some day -- right now, it's way too early to think about that.

3. With the Renegades no longer participating in DCA, it became our mission to create the best possible experience for the season to bring back the membership and have a great and meaningful season. Frankly, if we did not have a plan other than "we're not going to DCA," maybe we don't have a corps. Anyway -- we all love Europe, Europe has drum corps championships, and thousands of years of history which could provide our members with a once in a lifetime experience. So, that was the decision, a no brainer. I could be wrong, but I think we have a large corps this year. You should join.

4. Despite chaos you may see online, please know we have a talented and fast growing team of professionals who are committed to financing and producing the 2013 Renegades. This team is hyped, drama-free, and putting together a solid plan. I have personally committed myself 150% to this effort, as have a number of entertainment colleagues. Panic, zero. I've been told to f*** off a few times this week, it's all good. I'm actually having fun, if you can imagine that, and not planing to fail, if for no other reason that how crazy it all is and the next Renegades book is writing itself. I also think we really should finally hold a turkey raffle. Really.

5. The Renegades are returning to the evil uniforms, and these will be purchased for the corps before the first rehearsal. We're also making the winter schedule easier, so we can have more out of town members.

6. If you ever want a unique and chaotic drum corps experience -- Renegades 2013 would be it. In honor of all of this chaos, The Renegades novel is on sale this week on Amazon Kindle for .99. If you're baffled by Renegades, this is a good starting point. Someday, I think there's probably going to be a movie, but we'll see ...

7. Seven

Thank you for listening.

• Like 6

I'd give this more weight if it came objectively from someone who was actually "there" in the "early days" and would have a basis from which to make this claim.

I was around in the early days. Tho i never completed a season til 09, ive been with the corps since 05. thanks

• Like 1

5. The Renegades are returning to the evil uniforms,

Please take a look at something similar to the uniforms worn by The Academy,.............black long jackets,........shiny but minimal silver buttons,.............neatly presented white button down shirt and tie,..............and completely bad a**,...........REALLY!