Renegades to Europe in 2013

Still, after 11 pages, nobody from Renegades has apologized, nobody from either side has said what happened. Maybe if people knew what happened, the speculation and bantering on and off topic would stop. This whole thing sounds both fishy and ridiculous at the same time. The presidential candidates aren't this vague.

• Like 3

Sorry I didn't articulate my point clearly.

The dynamic of DCA's corps has changed. It has/had to. First off, without allowing younger members the existence of some corps would be no longer. If that comes with the price of having to eliminate drinking during practices or at events, so be it. Drum corps is far more important (obligatory IMO) then having a few drinks. We adults can make provisions to have our cocktails at another time etc...... It does not equate to "catering" to the younger members over the elder statesmen, it equates to keeping drum corps alive.

What may have happened in the past, be it turning a blind eye to illegal acts (whatever they may be) is over, that does not just pertain to the DC activity, but everything in society, and as painful as it may be to some, its for the better.

:withstupid: (usual disclaimers, but she does like the Mets :tounge2: )

Or maybe, it's no one's business as to what exactly happened, except for Renegades and DCA. Why exactly does anyone really need to know the details?

welllll....

in the interest of full disclosure, and so ALL can see DCA is taking a stand and all understand the rules.

• Like 1

My post was NOT to speculate on what might have happened with the Renegades. Only to point out that MUCH WORSE things have happened in the past at DCA contest.

and we're now in an age where it can't happen anymore. Imagine if whatever happened was so severe Annapolis told DCA to #### off, contract for next year cancelled.

yeah, not good.

just because it happened in the past, enforcement lacking or not doesn't make it right or it should could continue

I found this thread this morning - interesting stuff.

DCA - if the Renegades had done something truly noteworthy, we all would have heard about it by now. We know how the activity is - it would have happened already.

DCE - So - the Renegades have chosen to - in typical Renegade style - turn adversity into opportunity.

You must understand, for those of us who have been involved with the organization in the Pre-DCA era, chaos is nothing new. If anything, the commentary now is a near copy of what we saw before we flew the corps across the country to compete in DCA in 2002. It had never been done. It was too costly. The corps will surely fold. The corps didn't know it wasn't supposed to make it - it didn't know any better - so it went anyway. From that time, the Renegades have been an 11-time DCA Finalist.

Ok, so flying the corps to Europe seems daunting to many. The corps flies across country every year. It's called normal operating procedure for this corps. There has been an outpouring of support from people such as myself - a person who has not actively been behind the scenes since 2004 - to assist in whatever way we can.

For those of you who like options, please choose A) or B) -

A) If you think the organization is experienced - The corps is leveraging its 11 years of experience in cross country travel and budgeting to prepare NOW for DCE and make it happen.

B) If you think the organization is inexperienced - the corps probably doesn't know they're not supposed to make it - don't know any better - and will make it happen anyway.

My parting thought - If there is any corps who can do this sort of thing, it is the San Francisco Renegades, and it will be #### fun to watch.

Edited by RenegadeBaritone
  • Like 5

...Actually I haven't seen any guesses to what happened besides the '7' shaped pile o' crap which must have happened at Prelims as I didn't see it at Finals.

That was a joke that I made based on the wildest unimaginable thing I conjure up. MikeD responded with the suggestion it could have been done to form the number "7." Neither of us was inferring it really happened.

I just wanted to make that clear before this took on a life of its own and people began to believe that it really happened.

Now if it really happened, I'm going to apply for a position with Psychics Hotline.

• Like 1

That was a joke that I made based on the wildest unimaginable thing I conjure up. MikeD responded with the suggestion it could have been done to form the number "7." Neither of us was inferring it really happened.

I just wanted to make that clear before this took on a life of its own and people began to believe that it really happened.

Now if it really happened, I'm going to apply for a position with Psychics Hotline.

You taking Dionne Warwicks place? :devil:

I was making a joke out of it too to lighten the mood. Now watch 10 years from now it will be one of the DC Legends. "Saw somewhere where a corps took a...... was anyone there????".

Do know someone who was at 1966 AL Nats in Washington, DC. Ironic that was mentioned as it helped DCA.... Let's just say that monkeys may not fly but drumsticks did that night....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

In regards to Geoff's question...I dont really care what they did or didnt do. My only comments are based in why DCA would ban or suspend anyone, and how then is it DCA's fault that such a thing could possibly happen. They more than likely had to make a ###### decision about something ###### that happened at a hotel during DCA weekend.

I have ALSO heard that there is some type of evidence that quite [possibly] the hotel demanded some type of satisfaction from DCA in order to utilize that facility in future years. Maybe DCA's hand was forced to make a decision they didnt really want to make, to satisfy the community of Annapolis.

I dont care about any details, just own up to making a mistake. Consequences only come for doing thimgs we should not do. I have had to do this so many times in my life, that I can tell you it only hurts for awhile. After the initial sting goes away, it feels much better than denial that it didnt happen. I dont care what they did or didnt do at all. I just think making DCA the bad guy here isnt fair. I just bet that the DCA bigs wish this all did not happen at all.

Hypothetically...what if DCE wants to know why you are suspended from DCA in order to compete there?

Lastly... This more than likely would not have happened in Rochester. :music:

• Like 2