Renegades to Europe in 2013

Sadder: People not directly involved in this matter thinking they are somehow owed an apology. In the interest of helping you move on please accept my heartfelt thoughts in the video linked below.

funny. I thought was what Gil Silva said to the Renegades

You know, I'm a huge fan of the Renegades. I've said it before. I halve a lot of friends and fellow BD alumni that marched and taught there. Very few people have stood and cheered for Renegades at DCA Championships as much as I have, especially this year.

Clearly a few bad apples have ruined the punch, as it were. You aren't helping (and since you post in anonymity, I have no idea if you are with the corps or not).

Renegades don't owe me an apology, but the darned sure owe one to the hotel, the city of Annapolis, and DCA. And by extension, DCA fans, who won't get to see the corps next year.

:withstupid:

You know, I'm a huge fan of the Renegades. I've said it before. I halve a lot of friends and fellow BD alumni that marched and taught there. Very few people have stood and cheered for Renegades at DCA Championships as much as I have, especially this year.

Clearly a few bad apples have ruined the punch, as it were. You aren't helping (and since you post in anonymity, I have no idea if you are with the corps or not).

Renegades don't owe me an apology, but the darned sure owe one to the hotel, the city of Annapolis, and DCA. And by extension, DCA fans, who won't get to see the corps next year.

So sorry I am not helping. What was I thinking getting in the way of your righteous indignation. Please proceed because after all this entire affair is all about you extracting the apology that you feel is due.

All I did was point out that for the most part this horse is dead and it is time to stop the beating and leave the corpse be. I'm sure there will be another one along shortly that you can train your whip on.

FYI: Not intentionally anonymous. My name is Kevin Gilliatt, I live in Goodyear AZ. I used to live in the SF Bay area and have seen the Renegades live a handful of times, the last time being in 2004. I was never a member but did once inquire about joining the pit for the 2002 season. A job layoff prevented that from happening.

I'm not here to argue for or against the Renegades as I simply don't have enough information to pass judgment. The thing is with both sides remaining officially silent on the matter there is not enough evidence to draw any final conclusion. Until that happens the best we can do is try to keep the pitch fork mob from making matters worse.

-kg

• Like 2

I don't know what the big deal is about anyway. When I marched I saw things that make this look like Sunday school.

• Like 2

I don't know what the big deal is about anyway. When I marched I saw things that make this look like Sunday school.

But now those things could affect corps getting housing, practice facilities, stadiums, etc. Whole new world and either change how things are done or out ya go....

I'm not here to argue for or against the Renegades as I simply don't have enough information to pass judgment. The thing is with both sides remaining officially silent on the matter there is not enough evidence to draw any final conclusion. Until that happens the best we can do is try to keep the pitch fork mob from making matters worse.

Too bad that ""offically silent" didn't extend to people connected with the corps starting threads on DCP. At least that's my gripe... and I'm sticking with it... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

There are many "useless threads" on DCP. If this is useless then why so many pages?

For what it's worth.....I love the Renegades! I also think that whatever happened in Annapolis with them probably happened elsewhere with other corps at DCA championships over the years. The Renegades made a name for themselves by using the term "Evil." Saw it coming.

A few times I saw violence at a DCA Championship, saw lots of drinking (Duh) but did DCA lay the law down on these corps? Nope. If they did, it wasn't to the extent that we see today with the Renegades. I know a few of you Gade haters want an apology from the corps, but why not ask the individuals to apologize. Who knows, maybe they did apologize to the hotel already. We can speculate all we want!

Instead of throwing the corps under the bus, maybe we should come to their side....what can we do to help? Renegades are the bad boys of DCA and heck who was the bad boys prior to them? DCI had Bridgemen and VK. Dancing With the Stars has Maxim...how did that get in this post? LOL. Anyways, lets try to keep drum corps instead of getting rid of them just because they aren't the "taste" you like. The activity is dying a slow death so lets try to prolong it rather than help end it.

Now I'll read from all the "experts" why Renegades should be banned...You KNOW they were all there and saw everything. LOL Actually they have NO clue and "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who...."

and this useless thread keeps coming back to life

• Like 1

There are many "useless threads" on DCP. If this is useless then why so many pages?

For what it's worth.....I love the Renegades! I also think that whatever happened in Annapolis with them probably happened elsewhere with other corps at DCA championships over the years. The Renegades made a name for themselves by using the term "Evil." Saw it coming.

A few times I saw violence at a DCA Championship, saw lots of drinking (Duh) but did DCA lay the law down on these corps? Nope. If they did, it wasn't to the extent that we see today with the Renegades. I know a few of you Gade haters want an apology from the corps, but why not ask the individuals to apologize. Who knows, maybe they did apologize to the hotel already. We can speculate all we want!

Instead of throwing the corps under the bus, maybe we should come to their side....what can we do to help? Renegades are the bad boys of DCA and heck who was the bad boys prior to them? DCI had Bridgemen and VK. Dancing With the Stars has Maxim...how did that get in this post? LOL. Anyways, lets try to keep drum corps instead of getting rid of them just because they aren't the "taste" you like. The activity is dying a slow death so lets try to prolong it rather than help end it.

Now I'll read from all the "experts" why Renegades should be banned...You KNOW they were all there and saw everything. LOL Actually they have NO clue and "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who...."

BITD, stories of busses being turned over by rival corps, loaded pistols falling onto the competition field, drinking and smoking on the starting line, etc. were printed in DCN with photos, and the corps involved continued to compete,............just saying

But at the same time the activity has changed. For the positive IMO.

----Never mind...not worth jumping into this.

Edited by luvscorps