Renegades to Europe in 2013

What I'm now wondering, though, is if Renegades really haven't been a voting member since that 2009 rule change. That kinda seems like a big deal, from my non-northeast/non-"traditional" DCA corps perspective. According to the same post I got the above rule from (the Finals thread from weeks back), Renegades even voted for this and it was passed unanimously. They essentially took their own voting rights away.

Which is a great point Tyler, but let's take this a step further. Not only did they take away their own voting rights, they BY CHOICE do not even give themselves an opportunity to be full DCA members by not performing in a DCA sanctioned show. They are the only corps on that list that does not perform in at least one show and yet this is the corps that caused the problem.. What I'll get from the peanut gallery is "We're way out here on the west coast we can't perform at a DCA show" Seems to me that Kidsgrove figured out a way by arriving the weekend before championships and performing in 2 sanctioned shows and then doing championships.

Essentially what we have is a corps who does not actively participate in the DCA regular season. DCA allows them the opportunity to perform at THE premier event of the season without adhering to the guidlines that could earn them the FULL MEMBER status. In other words, they are "guests". That corps then causes an issue that escalates into DCA having to take discplinary action in order to manage/save the business relationship with the host city. This will in turn will most probably create a whole new set of rules and restrictions for the 18 other corps that will not only attend championships, but also actively participate in DCA sacntioned regular season shows. Everyone else is left holding the bag for a corps that is a member in name only. Maybe that's the reason why an apology might be in order.

They fly in, do championships and fly out. They don't host or make the effort to organize their season in order to perform at one DCA show. What else could DCA do to them other than suspending them from championships. They didn't have any other way of addressing the issue.

• Like 4

Thanks for the update Tyler, interesting reading comparing to BITD.

DCA went from being in 2 sanctioned contest to 1.

Dropped hosting a DCA sanctioned show.

Associate membership went from placing 11-14 to not a full member and meeting the stated article.

Back in the day, there wasn't any Class designation.

LOL, what the Hades.... 30 some years later....

Weren't any of the Cali shows last summer DCA sanctioned?

(I think they used to sanction 1 or 2 during the summer?)

They fly in, do championships and fly out. They don't host or make the effort to organize their season in order to perform at one DCA show.

Which is one reason "some" people have "speculated" that maybe DCA took the extremes they did.

Or maybe it's because the northeast is DCA's power base and they don't like a bunch of kids from California playing in their sandbox.

yeah I mean after all, the renegades were only top 6 a time or 3, even with issues in the percussion caption. But hey, why let reality ruin your rant

• Like 1

Your logic only makes sense if you are also asking for DCA to apologize for their actions regarding "everything that led to this".

No one on here has any standing to expect or demand apologies or explanations from either party. That is my whole point.

-kg

DCA didn't alledgedly do anything that caused issues with the travellers bureau. One of DCA's corps did. So, IMO, DCA, at this point, shouldn't have to apologize for ####

Jim, remember back in 2006 when the Renegades made finals? That entitled them to voting membership, or so they thought. Suddenly someone comes up with a proposal stating that a corps had to make finals for two consecutive years before they could get a seat at the table. That was dropped faster than a bad habit because it smelled so bad that even the corps in the northeast couldn't hold their noses and vote for it.

so, in your way of thinking, all the corps proposed this. Not possibly, just one idiot.

But again, why let reality ruin your rant

• Like 1

Good Lord...two weeks away from this and you guys are still rocking this thread.

sorry DA, didn't realize we held a gun to your head to come in and read it.

• Like 2

You guys really like beating a dead horse...

It's done, it's over...move on...

Edited by darkman