Jeff Prosperie

Anyone know what years Jeff Prosperie was percussion arranger for Phantom Regiment?

Thanks!!

Six years, according to his interview here.

He went to West Point in December of 2006 and states that prior to those seven years, he was Professor of Percussion at The University of Louisiana, and for six years prior to that, he was Percussion Caption Head and Arranger for Phantom Regiment.

I originally thought that would mean he was with Regiment as instructor/arranger 1993 through 1999.

However, in my thorough collection of DCI program books, he's listed on the instructional staff each year from 1990 through 1995, but not prior to those years in 1989 and also not in 1996 through 1999.

So, I'm going to speculate and state that although he said he was with the corps as Percussion Caption Head and Arranger for six years prior to his time at the University of Louisiana, he doesn't say they were the six years immediately prior to his time at the university.

That, and from what I learned from the program books, means he was the corps' percussion arranger for six years, from 1990 through 1995.

By the way, I've asked drum guys what judge has the best ears to pick out minor details and Jeff's name is always among the first to be mentioned.

Officially, Kirk Gay. Lee was on staff as well.

I thought Kirk was the caption head and pit arranger, and Lee was the battery arranger.

Edited by old skool drmmr

Jeff took over as caption head in 1993.

Didnt Marty Hurley still write the drum book up to that point? I know Phantom got a lot of s**t for the 1992 show. I kind of liked it. And I thought MH wrote the percussion book for that.

Jeff took over as caption head in 1993.

Didnt Marty Hurley still write the drum book up to that point? I know Phantom got a lot of s**t for the 1992 show. I kind of liked it. And I thought MH wrote the percussion book for that.

I liked it, too. Phantom's percussion problem in 1992 had little to do with design and more that they had an early-July level of cleanliness at Finals.