Where are all the old abandoned corps buses located?

Thank you. I'll give that a try once I figure out how to right click with a Mac mouse that doesn't have buttons. (I'll find that on the Internet, I'm sure.) I deeply appreciate your assistance.

hold the control key (next to 'command' and 'option') and click!

if you use a laptop, you can probably set up the touchpad to do a right click if you want, also. As a mac user for my whole life, I just use the control key, but I do have a multi-button mouse to use as well.

Up until about 6 months ago the Rochester Patriots buses sat on NY Rt 17-c in Owego at a used car lot for sale. They are gone now.

I thought it might still be visible on Google maps, but no luck on any of the three car dealerships that came up there. Must be new images.

The bus for Spectrum from Corning, NY is rotting in the hills off of Rt 38b between the Tioga and Broome County lines in Upstate New York. Someone is using the storage bays as a makeshift shed for old car parts.

I took a quick look through there but it is way too much territory. When you say "in the hills off Rt 38b" do you mean a side street? And by "between the Tioga and Broome County lines", wouldn't that be the same line? I didn't know there were gaps between county lines. Anyway I can only approximate where that might be, and I didn't see anything on Google Maps. Might be under some trees, though. There are a few around in those parts...

I remembered seeing a Freelancers bus coming home from a family get-together in Modesto earlier this year. This topic peaked my interest and the use of Google made it easier to find. North Hwy 99 at the Jahant Rd exit.

Freelancers_Bus.png

• Like 3

Boo. You may also be able to do the two finger tap if you are on a laptop to right click. Just tap two fingers and it the same as ctrl-click

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where any of the old SCV busses/trucks are? I know a few of BD's old trucks are parked at Mars (rehearsal facility) against the fence.

I would love to know what happend to the old Golden Eagle Trooper busses.

I would love to know what happend to the old Golden Eagle Trooper busses.

I remember those. Was Troopers the first corps to have their own buses?

Somebody gave you a -1 for this comment... rock.gif Is someone objecting to this topic?... I would have +1'd it to correct it, but that would be praising your praising of me! Seems arrogant of me somehow... Anyway, thanks for the comment.

Anyway, this thread posts a Google Earth file pointing to the vk bus. I installed google earth to view it, and it says the location is

34°43'29.74" N 118°02'16.33" W

That text pulls up the same location in Google Maps, so that part works (cut and paste my bold text above, since it has the degree sign already in it). The location is just north-east of Lancaster and Palmdale, CA (which is indeed in the Antelope Valley area)

I have no idea whether the bus is actually there, but there is a vaguely oblong shape just northwest of the image center. There is a street, "50th St E", that has street view, about one kilometer west of there, but I couldn't see the bus from that distance zooming in. I only had time to look from a couple of locations along the street, though. I'll look again later. There are other streets with street view around it, but that's the closest.

Man.. June can't come fast enough if we are discussing in this offseason the location from Google Earth on Drum Corps Planet where we can find old abandoned Drum Corps busses from 10-30 years ago.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Man.. June can't come fast enough if we are discussing in this offseason the location from Google Earth on Drum Corps Planet where we can find old abandoned Drum Corps busses from 10-30 years ago.

Well, I tried to get the FBI to do the legwork for me, but all that resulted in was a visit from them and three days of questioning at Guantanamo.