Colts 2013 Design Team

Actually sounds like a great fit - the Colts have historically been unafraid to switch gears from year to year, and a Sylvester show will definitely give them some "oomph" that I think they've been needing as far as in relation to the pack.

Mike

Here's to hoping for Colts success this season! And to hoping that Sully doesn't impose another ridiculous alien bird show on the drum corps community...

Edited by zach_8vb
  • Like 6

I hope he does a show about intergalactic alien hamsters with gnashing teeth.

Haven't we already had a couple of those in the past season? :tongue:

One good thing for Colts is no matter if fans understand the show or not, they'll at least be talking about it.

Edited by Michael Boo

This is an incredible pick up for the Colts. :thumbup:

Here's to hoping for Colts success this season! And to hoping that Sully doesn't impose another ridiculous alien bird show on the drum corps community...

They will be lucky if they have a show as wonderful as that show was in 2012.

• Like 2

Haven't we already had a couple of those in the past season? :tongue:

One good thing for Colts is no matter if fans understand the show or not, they'll at least be talking about it.

I'm really glad for Colts. I loved BK's show this past season although I don't see Colts coming out with a show like that.....just yet.

I really wish DCI would do the designer commentary broadcast again - Marc Sylvester was hysterical.

By the way, for those of us who don't know.....why is he called "Sully?"

Edited by LincolnV

I'm really glad for Colts. I loved BK's show this past season although I don't see Colts coming out with a show like that.....just yet.

I really wish DCI would do the designer commentary broadcast again - Marc Sylvester was hysterical.

By the way, for those of us who don't know.....why is he called "Sully?"

That commentary of his on Blue Knights from the San Antonio show in 2009 was a hoot. I wrote in my commentary on all the designers' commentaries from that event, "Listening to Marc Sylvester is always a blast, and this APD is worth it for that alone. He’s very honest in pointing out what isn’t working that night and he catches himself expressing something that might have been bleeped from television in the 1950s..."

I don't know the answer to why he's referred to as "Sully," but I always assumed it was due to a mutation of his surname. I just sent him an e-mail quoting you. I'll let you know his response.

Okay...I've just heard back from Marc. Here's what he wrote.

Comes from my days with St. Anthony’s band from Revere. It was a competitive marching band that competed in the summer like drum corps. There were many “church” bands back in the day in Mass. The name was kind of a joke since Sully is an Irish nickname and the band was full of Italian kids including me. I actually hated the nickname but somehow it stuck and has been my drum corps name ever since.

PS......... GO COLTS!!!!!!

PSS........ And that’s the last time I'll say that until football season is over. =)

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 1