Genesis Audition Methods

I was wondering if anyone out there in the wonderful world of DCP could give me any insight into the audition methods used by Genesis. Or other similar open class corps. Especially anyone that has attended one of their camps. Any information would be very greatly appreciated. smile.gif

If you haven't contacted the corps, Chris Magonigal (director) is on DCP, too (user name GenesisDirector). Or you can e-mail him at magonigal@genesisdbc.org

Chris came and visited my minicorps a couple of times at gigs - very smart and savvy dude. I'm guessing the corps is built in his image, which means you're in good hands.

Mike

I would guess that would depends on the section.

If your brass, have a pulse, act like you have played the horn before and can pay your dues, most OC corps will work with ya.

:tongue:

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I will contact him. I'm a brass guy by the way, trumpet. But I could probably pull off mello if need be. I have a baritone friend that wants to audition with me. The only thing that keeps us from it, is we don't know how we would get to auditions. If we could figure that out we would already be registered.

Thanks guys! I will contact him. I'm a brass guy by the way, trumpet. But I could probably pull off mello if need be. I have a baritone friend that wants to audition with me. The only thing that keeps us from it, is we don't know how we would get to auditions. If we could figure that out we would already be registered.

Email Chris or someone on staff and they can probably help you out. There maybe a bunch driving near where you are that can give a ride. Just offer to pay for some gas money and most folks are cool.