So Lighting is the "Next Step" for DC?

it's like with amps and sound clips etc...people are doing it just to do it, and it's not working well.

and, IMO, getting rewarded for it anyways

Seems like the biggest accomplishment of this trend is getting performance material blacked out from the DCI recordings.

• Like 3

For as much as we know, it may not have cost them much at all if the supplies for the panels came from some business a band parent perhaps owns. If a corps wished to spend money on this sort of thing instead of funding the buses from point A to point B, or paying instructors, or replacing uniforms that are falling apart...well...I guess that's their prerogative.

I have not seen the show in question and will look for it on YouTube. Having said that, I can't imagine something this "up front" and glaring not being distracting.

But I've been wrong before.

Now, if they could be programmed to send undetectable subliminal messages to the judges, the expense might pay for itself. :peek:

Boston did a great job with their light effect in 2010. Just saying. have a great day.

If you have limited time, watch the drum feature just after the 9:00. One of the snare's controls stopped working, which presents some technical concerns.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 2

If you have limited time, watch the drum feature just after the 9:00. One of the snare's controls stopped working, which presents some technical concerns.

Meh. That whole show is just not my cup of tea. Hope they have rights to all that stuff.

And when the technical problem does happen... my eye was at that hole the entire time.... that's what it looked like, a hole. And it detracted from the whole GE for me...

For how little the winds play... you'd think the drill would be cleaner by now...

Cool stuff though. I don't mind that they are trying new things. Bandos probably love it.

But bandos also love the other purple and gold team with the same initials... and they are playing Stravinsky... lol

yep, this was just sent to me on FB.

the lights are very cool for what they did there.

-----> i do not wish this on DCI <-----

but the lighting in this funky show, is awesome.

Edited by Cop

Seems like the biggest accomplishment of this trend is getting performance material blacked out from the DCI recordings.

pretty much

• Like 1

Meh. That whole show is just not my cup of tea. Hope they have rights to all that stuff.

And when the technical problem does happen... my eye was at that hole the entire time.... that's what it looked like, a hole. And it detracted from the whole GE for me...

For how little the winds play... you'd think the drill would be cleaner by now...

Cool stuff though. I don't mind that they are trying new things. Bandos probably love it.

But bandos also love the other purple and gold team with the same initials... and they are playing Stravinsky... lol

You obviously have no clue how college marching bands work...

You're comparing The Expendables to Argo.