"You should tape it and send it to Bernstein!"

Following Garfield's performance on the PBS broadcast in 1983, co-host/choreographer Patricia Birch remarked, "You should tape it and send it to Bernstein!" So, did anybody do so?

I mean, does anyone know if Bernstein was aware of what Garfield and other corps were doing with his compositions?

Following Garfield's performance on the PBS broadcast in 1983, co-host/choreographer Patricia Birch remarked, "You should tape it and send it to Bernstein!" So, did anybody do so?

I mean, does anyone know if Bernstein was aware of what Garfield and other corps were doing with his compositions?

Don't know about Bernstein, but I know that Ron Nelson was very unhappy with Cadets' "Rocky Point Holiday," both artistically and from the legal/copyright point of view. I think he sued them. Can anyone out there confirm/deny or provide any additonal info?

peace,

Fred O.

Read somewhere that Bernstein sent the Cadets a nice letter of congratulations after one of their championships--can't remember which one, though.

• Like 1

Read somewhere that Bernstein sent the Cadets a nice letter of congratulations after one of their championships--can't remember which one, though.

I believe that Don Angelica knew "Lenny", personally.

• Like 1

Don't know about Bernstein, but I know that Ron Nelson was very unhappy with Cadets' "Rocky Point Holiday," both artistically and from the legal/copyright point of view. I think he sued them. Can anyone out there confirm/deny or provide any additonal info?

peace,

Fred O.

Really? I've never heard this, and it would be a shame. That show was the beginning of a new corps, a new direction, some of the best moments in drum corps in its history. It would be a shame if Nelson didn't recognize that I'd likely never hear the suite had I never seen Garfield do it.

I hope someone says the rumor is false.

Don't know about Bernstein, but I know that Ron Nelson was very unhappy with Cadets' "Rocky Point Holiday," both artistically and from the legal/copyright point of view. I think he sued them

Some of us from deeply within the activity can also be very unhappy with what program coordinator/caption head people do with our material.

Really? I've never heard this, and it would be a shame. That show was the beginning of a new corps, a new direction, some of the best moments in drum corps in its history. It would be a shame if Nelson didn't recognize that I'd likely never hear the suite had I never seen Garfield do it.

I hope someone says the rumor is false.

I have heard the same thing about Nelson, sad to say. I loved that show.

I have heard the same thing about Nelson, sad to say. I loved that show.

Nelson has still allowed other corps to use his music through to 2012 (Bluecoats). If he were that upset about what Garfield did with the piece, why would they be able to use it again in 2003?

Edited by LincolnV