Rodney 'Butch' Cascario

Our drum corps fraternity has lost another great great member. I was informed very early this morning of the passing of Rodney 'Butch' Cascario. Butch was a true drum corps member of both the Wind Gap Blue Eagles and the Erie Thunderbirds Alumni. Butch marched with the Blue Eagles during the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's before his move to Erie where he became a member of the T-bird alumni. He held all positions with the Blue Eagles and was also a board member with Erie (please correct me if I'm wrong). Finally he was a member of PADCHOF. At this point I am unaware of any additional info. God be with you Butch........................

Your pal forever and ever - Carl

Our drum corps fraternity has lost another great great member. I was informed very early this morning of the passing of Rodney 'Butch' Cascario. Butch was a true drum corps member of both the Wind Gap Blue Eagles and the Erie Thunderbirds Alumni. Butch marched with the Blue Eagles during the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's before his move to Erie where he became a member of the T-bird alumni. He held all positions with the Blue Eagles and was also a board member with Erie (please correct me if I'm wrong). Finally he was a member of PADCHOF. At this point I am unaware of any additional info. God be with you Butch........................

Your pal forever and ever - Carl

You are correct Carl,...........when Butch moved to Erie to be with the love of his life Marlene, he sought us out, dove in, and worked as hard as any member ever has,.............Butch pushed himself to limits that many would never even begin to approach,..............he was very humbled when we invited him to sit on our board, as he knew of many lifelong Thunderbirds that he felt should have been in line for a board position before him. He was a natural fit. In his recent years of dealing with health issues, he submitted his written board resignation letter, but we unanimously refused to accept it, and he became ex-officio until his passing this morning,.............great friend, warm smile,...... God Speed my brother, we will miss you,...........