Major Announcement coming from Carolina Crown and The Cadets

My guesses:

Touring partnership to save on transportation costs

Staff partnership

A joint Yamaha equipment sale

Clinic partnership

Some sort of performance (like the Inauguration parade idea)

Or my favorite...

A joint show that is 22 minutes long, will run straight from Cadets into Crown, and will be titled "FBD"

And since we don't know, perhaps we can pontificate on whether or not announcements of announcements do more to stimulate interest or generally lead to letdown.

"pontificate." Pontificate? Does that make you the pontiff?

Or are you just the big cheese? :cool:

+++

The topic seems to be about creating "buzz" in the drum corps community, a long standing tradition. I'm just keeping with tradition, as obviously I have no clue what any drum corps is doing until somebody tells me. Until then, I'll keep buzzing! :devil:

• Like 1

pssssst........................"System Maroon and Cream" - Sponsored by King Horns

• Like 1

I honestly can't see one of the ringleaders of the G7 debacle (Hop) promoting a new open class corps. If I had to guess, I would say it would involve something to do with Crown Ticketing.

I don't understand why Hopkins and Gibbs are often labeled 'the ringleaders' when there are 5 others in this group of seven. Are you suggesting that Dave Glasgow (Bluecoats), Adolph DeGrauwe (Cavaliers), Jim Coates (Crown), Rick Valenzuela (Phantom), and Jeff Fiedler (Vanguard) are hostages or unwilling accomplices? Let's be sure to give credit where credit is due. If you're going to indict one or two - indict them all.

I'll also point out that 2 of the groups in "the G7 debacle" already HAVE and actively support their open class corps.

• Like 2

I don't understand why Hopkins and Gibbs are often labeled 'the ringleaders' when there are 5 others in this group of seven. Are you suggesting that Dave Glasgow (Bluecoats), Adolph DeGrauwe (Cavaliers), Jim Coates (Crown), Rick Valenzuela (Phantom), and Jeff Fiedler (Vanguard) are hostages or unwilling accomplices? Let's be sure to give credit where credit is due. If you're going to indict one or two - indict them all.

I'll also point out that 2 of the groups in "the G7 debacle" already HAVE and actively support their open class corps.

Now, there's no need to let facts and logic get in the way of people complaining about something that never ended up happening. That's not how DCP works. :p

• Like 3

Because they're the two who came up with the idea and pushed for it? Highlighting has been provided for keywords.

• Like 1