Joey Pero in Racine, WI November 3rd & 4th

Dear friends,

I hope this message finds you all well. I want to let you know about a concert I'll be playing in Racine, Wisconsin next week (November 3,4)- I'll be giving a masterclass and performing with the Belle City Brassworks next weekend (Nov. 3rd & 4th). Many thanks to Drum Corps legend Ken Norman for brining me into the fold for this falls festivities!

I'll be playing a some great music for the concert including;

a spoof off the Masterpiece Theater theme titled "Master Park Theater" craftily arranged by Ken Norman.

a Joey Pero original piece titled "Firefly" (also arranged by Norman).

Variations on a Neapolitan theme "Napoli" Written by Herman Bellstedt

Cole Porter Medley arranged by Ken Norman

And... the Drum Corps favorite made famous by the New York Skyliners - "Elks Parade"

A truly fantastic organization, the Belle City Brassworks is a performance and educational organization that caters to all ages. Visit the website below for more details and I hope to see you there!

Visit the Belle City Brassworks website HERE

Much love,

You should bop down with Kenny to St. Charles, IL for the US Open Brass Band Championships on Saturday if it works into your schedule. Kenny goes to this and some of his brass band arrangements have been performed. US Open founder, Dallas Niermeyer (DCI and band adjudicator) set up a DCI-influenced adjudication sheet that rewards entertainment value and (gasp) visual. I've seen these brass bands do more choreography than minicorps. Star United would be humbled. Actually, some past Star United members have been in bands at US Open (El Guappo and Banyots...)

http://www.usopenbrass.org

Brass Band of Central Florida - Orlando, Florida

Capital City Brass Band - Lansing, Michigan

Chicago Brass Band - Chicago, IL

Dublin Silver Band - Columbus, Ohio

Eastern Iowa Brass Band - Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Fountain City Brass Band - Kansas City, Missouri

Illinois Brass Band - Arlington Heights, Illinois

Prairie Brass Band - Arlington Heights, Illinois