Houston Review

hahaha... okay, I dug myself into a deep enough hole. time to try and climb back out. this was interesting, but was worth the experience. B)

Sorry for offending anyone. I'm obviously not really good at this whole thing and I am just gonna chill.

I'm seriously sorry... I don't mean to get the place all in a tiffy. :) :rolleyes:

edit: and for the record, I never said anything about "stupid", "wrong" or "full of bias".

These people will get themselves in a tiffy in a vain attempt to make themselves look like they know the ways of the world. They were just looking for you as a scapegoat for misplaced anger.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, that's it. I am never writing another review ever again. I just wouldn't be able to handle the criticizim.

Never to be seen again on this section of DP,

Well, in my opinion, Mystreaux loves to bash the Cavaliers, which is fine- its his opinion. He can say he is not bashing, but in my opinion, he is. In my opinion, he wears maroon glasses.

In my opinion, IGNORE him because he is, again in my opinion, a very unhappy person.

Edited by Beebop

I know that this topic is over, but seeing as how I'm a loud mouthed Italian, I have to say something....

1. reveiws are opinions. Thank you for sharing - sorry for the harsh words for giving your opinions. But you can't think that after years of Cavie bashing, people wouldn't tune into your bias and get fed up. However - you are crying foul because you're opinion was questioned, yet you got onto Hester for his? That doesn't seem to add up.

2. TX - IMHO corps is different then band. I'm a music major, married a band director, grew up with band directors, ect. Just because you are a talented band director (which I don't doubt), that doesn't make you the end all of drum corps knowledge.

3. Why is it that Hester was the only one truely getting ripped on? Yes, Steph got some of the back lash, but for the most part, Hester was getting a new one? Although I know he can handle himself - why is it that just because you marched a corps means that they can't make up their own mind. George likes the show, and yes, partially because it's his corps, but also probably because he just does. How foriegn is that. Wow! Someone likes a corps because they do! Kinda hypocritical that some people can get all irritable when they are called on their biases and ask to not be judged on them - but are quick to blame bias on someone else.

I think that's it. Everyone needs to grow up.

Edited by canto alla vita

and that sums it up beautifully.

B)

Well, in my opinion, Mystreaux loves to bash the Cavaliers, which is fine- its his opinion. He can say he is not bashing, but in my opinion, he is. In my opinion, he wears maroon glasses.

In my opinion, IGNORE him because he is, again in my opinion, a very unhappy person

My opinion..... your an idiot.... and missed the point.

He didn't like the music...... Big Deal!!!!

Doesn't that authorize a personal response from you that validates a personal attack? No!

Take your own advice and IGNORE him... Your response is one of a persons that has no brain.

I responded to TX disliking of the music..... Read my post.... I never got personal. I just said I really like Cavies music.

Its not like he said..... "Real Drum Corps fans hate Cavies music selection".... And if he did.... I would of went through the roof.

As for Hester

Hester.... I will definetly not judge you off of the post in this topic.... other post you have made have been great. Going with a PM is a good thing and should cool this topic down. Definetly shows me you have a good head on your sholders.

Peace, Love and all that good ####!,

Shannon Jeffreys

Blue Stars 97,99

I know that this topic is over, but seeing as how I'm a loud mouthed Italian, I have to say something....

1. reveiws are opinions. Thank you for sharing - sorry for the harsh words for giving your opinions. But you can't think that after years of Cavie bashing, people wouldn't tune into your bias and get fed up. However - you are crying foul because you're opinion was questioned, yet you got onto Hester for his? That doesn't seem to add up.

2. TX - IMHO corps is different then band. I'm a music major, married a band director, grew up with band directors, ect. Just because you are a talented band director (which I don't doubt), that doesn't make you the end all of drum corps knowledge.

3. Why is it that Hester was the only one truely getting ripped on? Yes, Steph got some of the back lash, but for the most part, Hester was getting a new one? Although I know he can handle himself - why is it that just because you marched a corps means that they can't make up their own mind. George likes the show, and yes, partially because it's his corps, but also probably because he just does. How foriegn is that. Wow! Someone likes a corps because they do! Kinda hypocritical that some people can get all irritable when they are called on their biases and ask to not be judged on them - but are quick to blame bias on someone else.

You just don't get it. Go get your dictionary out and look up the opinion. Did I once state that my OPINION was a fact that everyone must agree with?

If stating an opinion on the design of the show is considered bashing, then I guess I am a Cavies basher. . .again, the logic here is failed also.

Hester got ripped on because his responses basically said I was stupid for not liking the Cavies. In short, I was accused of bias by two people who were telling me I was dumb for not liking what they liked. Go figure!

Threads like this are sadly reminiscent of RAMD.

ALRIGHT so after all of this bickering, we've come to the conlcusion that we all should have known from the beginning: everyone has a different opinion on who's show they think is the best and that everyone supports different corps...and that :gasp: we may not always agree.

I respect your opinion that the Cavaliers are the greatest corps....if you will respect that I believe Cadets are.

As for placements....I'm not holding my breath for anyone till Finals...not even for my beloved Cadets. And neither should you.

Predictions are crap. Don't play the game.