1972 US Open "A" Class

IMHO "boring garbage" might be a phrase that could describe some of your posts (or mine or other people's), but no one is going to ( or should) say that, they just don't reply to them.

Actually, I don't think she bit your head off, cause your still posting?!?!? :lookaround:/>/>/>/>

When you have 10 new topics, by default you bury 10 other topics on page two and they may not get discussed, maybe that is what she is saying.

Unfortunately, I seldom have any knowledge of the things you post about, call me stupid. I like to post photos too but most times they go unappreciated. Maybe I post boring photos....LOL

You read me right. Comments on my photo posts are far and few between; I’m boring. Perhaps you and I can hold onto the old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks for posting photos.

Wild Willy is right. Etobicoke Crusaders were Junior B class in 1972 and nipped at the heels of Junior A class corps, in particular, Seneca Princemen. Wishing you and yours a happy thanksgiving :bigsmile:/>

Was this a "prelims and finals in the same day" format for this show?

That might explain at least part of, but not all of, the drop in scores and the difference in placements.

IMO, it was rare for a corps to do two great shows in one day. I know in my experience at DCA Championships, I never saw a corps accomplish that feat in the first six years I worked the show (1983-1988)... before the two-day format was adopted in 1989.

Nice to see the Southern Tier Grenadiers' name in that 1972 show.

That year was the first time I remember seeing them... and the corps went on a several-year run during which they fielded one of the best drum corps horn lines I've ever heard, on any level. :thumbup:

Was this a "prelims and finals in the same day" format for this show?

That might explain at least part of, but not all of, the drop in scores and the difference in placements.

Yes, prelims and finals were the same day for the Class 'A' corps at Marion that year. Of course the prelim shows were still the shortened versions.

The 1972 season was the last for the shortened prelim shows.

I remember we cut out the concert number to stay within the time limit. Was it 1973 that the A class prelims were held at another school out in the "boonies?"

Yes, prelims and finals were the same day for the Class 'A' corps at Marion that year. Of course the prelim shows were still the shortened versions.

The 1972 season was the last for the shortened prelim shows.

I remember we cut out the concert number to stay within the time limit. Was it 1973 that the A class prelims were held at another school out in the "boonies?"

Yes. The first day of open (big) class prelims took place at Harding Stadium the same time that the second day of Class 'A' prelims took place at River Valley Stadium.